Chicken Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any golden cuckoo marans? Or any blue copper marans? If so how do you like them. I might get some of these or wyandottes.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I am raising a pair (golden cuckoo) right now but they're only a month old... Rooster is gorgeous but kind of flighty for my tastes. The hen is content to be handled but doesn't approach on her own. I will wait and see what they're like when they're older. The only other notable thing is they didn't grow... forever... and then all of a sudden they were 4 times the size they were the evening before. I was shocked! Up until that point I was wondering if someone sold me a bantam variety... but they seem to be on track now.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jennifer said:
I have blue copper maran hen.. She's only 6months old. Seems docile and friendly enough. Very pretty!
Oh at one point in my life I obsessed with Blue Copper marans.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am not allowed to get any more chickens, but if I could get 1 breed it would be golden cuckoo marans.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have a cuckoo marans Roo who has gone a golden colour. He is adorable and never attacks and gives me cuddles. I hatched him from a batch of eggs from eBay and he was the only one to hatch. So maybe the fact that he thought I was his world for a for days (till
I bought him some friends) may be the reason he is soooo docile.... His name is Boris.

image-3547714925.jpg

He doesn't look very golden hear as he was only a few months old but he is now very big with lovely slightly golden floppy feathers.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts