Chicken Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. My name is Jessica and I live in western Ky. I currently have 5 pullets (I think) 2 Barred Rock, 2 Buff Orpington, and 1 Black Copper Moran (at least that is what they were marked). They are an estimated 13 weeks. I have a huge coop because my hubby knew I would get more so I have 6 nesting boxes total. I currently just ordered more. I am helping my nephew because he just lost 8 to something unknown. I will be keeping them for a few months. I ordered from Murray Mcmurray. He wanted 10 RIR. I got 2 RIR, 2 salmon favorells, 2 white orpingtons 1 rose comb brown leghorn, 1 partridge Cochin, 1 rare chick TBD. I got the vaccinated from mareks and coccidiosis. My hubby and I want color and variety, while my nephew wanted RIR to replace the ones he just lost. My hubby just built a little mini coop for the chicks who will be here next week sometime. I am excited to have lost of eggs eventually.

I hope to post pics later.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Awesome! Welcome! Sounds like you are off to a great start. Chickens are addicting, and I love love love collecting eggs! I have a couple of RIR and I really enjoy them. My rooster is one, and he's pretty colorful but Amelia (the hen) is just black with a brown dotted chest. I think they are mixed with something, but I'm not sure.. But I really enjoy my RIRs for their personalities. Can't wait to see the pictures!! :)

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Hello and welcome from Cat Spring, TX! Congrats on your new flock and good luck to you and your nephew. I am a new chicken keeper and have 2 RIR's pullets in my flock they are so beautiful! I look forward to those eggs as well.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Nice to meet you im from Texas.It is funny we put up 5nesting boxes ,and they still would only layin one nest! So we put golf balls in the other nests,and now they will use several of them!

·
Registered
772 Posts
Warm welcomes to chicken land from Tucson!
Can't wait for pics of the peepers!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts