Louisiana Members shout out!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by twentynine, Aug 22, 2012.

1. twentynine

twentynine New Member

I'll start!

Ascension Parish, Gonzales.

Figured we'd get a list going. That away if some one needs some help or some has some help to give, might be able to find it here.

2. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Great idea! I'm not shouting. Just encouraging some healthy networking! :)

3. twentynine

twentynine New Member

Yeah I thought it was a good idea too!

But obviously none of my fellow coon asses think so.

4. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

I think I'll do a shout out to NJ to see if I have any fellow chicken lovers near by. Best and closest I've come up with so far is New England but that's still 3 hours away. Look at the newbies. They generally will give a location coming on board.

5. twentynine

twentynine New Member

Hello out their in Louisianna Land--- am I the only one ain't left for the storm?

6. twentynine

twentynine New Member

Moving it to the top. Come on guys, I can't be the only coonass here.

How did you guys make it through the storm and flooding.

7. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

I've got storm and flooding as we speak. Crazy rainy day here. Still raining buckets and it has been all week. When it's not raining it's like walking through soup outside. GLOBAL WARMING!

8. havasu

havasu Administrator Staff Member

Where are you at in LA? Right now I'm in baton rouge helping out the Red Cross efforts. Your state is beautiful but definitely muggy and hot! Go LSU!

9. twentynine

twentynine New Member

I'm slightly north of Gonzales that's about 15 miles south of BR in Ascension Parish.
    Lots of the flooding is in Livingston parish, east of my location.

Thanks for the help.

10. havasu

I've been to Gonzales numerous times, and even got stuck in the mile long D Snap money giveaway (food stamps) just the other day!

11. twentynine

twentynine New Member

Food stamp give away? Where'd that happen?

You have to forgive me, if it was on the news in the days following the hurricane, I didn't see it. Pre and post hurricane I was working either preparing for or repairing damage, on straight nights.

I am not very proud of the portion of our great state's population, that seemingly take advantage of the give away programs.

Right on the front page of the Baton Rouge newspaper-- picture of a woman "talking" to a FEMA representative-- the caption explained that her house had flooded, but she had no flood insurance. Because--- when she paid off her home, in order to save money she canceled her flood insurance. Couple things bothered me about that--- 1. The home was here's free and clear, to me that makes it even more important to maintain insurance. 2. It's south Louisiana at one time or another everything is going to flood. Flood insurance is very important, it's not like we are on the side of a mountain. 3. If she paid off her home isn't she saving money by not paying a home mortgage?

Thanks for all your doing?

12. havasu

I'll have to reserve comment but was just amazed at the large amount of Mercedes Benz's, Range Rovers, Jags, Lexus, and Cadillacs in the mile long food stamp lines. :mad:

13. twentynine

twentynine New Member

I promise you my old dodge was not in line, and my behind was at work right where I belonged.

14. havasu

Too bad we coundn't share a nice Abita Beer. That stuff is great!

15. brojrm

brojrm New Member

Hey from Zachary La. !!!

16. brojrm

brojrm New Member

If we could get a local thread going that would be cool

17. dawn_francis

dawn_francis New Member

Baton Rouge here. This is my first flock. I love this forum. It's a great place to learn and share!

Attached Files:

18. brojrm

brojrm New Member

Thats a great Zachary here!!

19. Buddy

Buddy New Member

Sterlington here.

20. thylton

thylton New Member

Sulphur here