Chicken Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Closed up the chickens for the night, and noticed I didnt have my usual stray outside the coop. This morning I noticed a little bit of white feathers in an area out in the open. No time to investagte, went to work.
Home to lock them up for the night and check it out. Found the wings and legs further back from the feathers. I hate raccoons! Time to get serious.:mad:

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Time to get a trap ( or shoot it if you can) and dispose of the ****. Whatever you do dont rehome it, it will either become someone elses problem or find its way back to you. Good luck.

·
Registered
13 Posts
That stinks! We have been pretty lucky with predators. We have caught and disposed of *****, skunks, and fox. The darn skunks are egg thieves! Haven't lost any birds yet though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
ThreeJ said:
Closed up the chickens for the night, and noticed I didnt have my usual stray outside the coop. This morning I noticed a little bit of white feathers in an area out in the open. No time to investagte, went to work.
Home to lock them up for the night and check it out. Found the wings and legs further back from the feathers. I hate raccoons! Time to get serious.:mad:
Sorry about your hen. I lost one of my Barred Rocks to a raccoon last night. We've made some modifications today and all my chicks will be locked up tight at night from now on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts