Looking for Writers - Please Read

Discussion in 'Announcements and Support' started by CFAdmin, Oct 10, 2017.

1. CFAdmin

CFAdmin Administrator

I am looking for writers to help build out our articles section.

Topics can vary greatly. Beginning with chickens, chicken health and issues, raising chickens, incubation, and hatching, breeds and genetics, behavior and flock management, broody hens and egg laying, egg quality and storage, meat chickens, feeding and watering, coops, runs, and housing, parasites, pests, and predators, and other forms of poultry.

If you're interested in writing or have a topic you would like to see covered, please post to this thread. You can also contact me directly.

We would love to have you write for us, so please consider doing so.

Thanks for reading, and submitting your thoughts and ideas.

Austin

2. seminolewind

seminolewind SuperModerator Staff Member

I will. I can write about how to modify the behavior of a rooster without a broom or stick. It's worked for me 99% of the time with over 25 roosters of larger size.

chickenqueen likes this.

3. CFAdmin

CFAdmin Administrator

That sounds like a great article. What do you need from me to get started?

4. chickenqueen

chickenqueen Super Moderator Staff Member

Awwwww!!!That sounds like homework.But seriously,I am not a writer but if I'm really needed,I can fake it.Can I be anonymous ;)?What are the most common questions that pop up here?I think that would be a great start.Or address things like winter housing and water freezing since it's almost winter.Oh,so many topics.........

squirrelhunter likes this.
  5. chickenqueen

PS-what are the rules?Does it have to be 1,000 words or better or anything else?Are we getting graded and do we have to read it out loud in front of the class?:D

squirrelhunter and robin416 like this.
  6. CFAdmin

CFAdmin Administrator

Topics would be connected to your username. If you need help coming up with topics and you're truly interested in writing let me know and we can discuss it.

It can be no less than 750 words with 2-3 images. I prefer you take the images yourself so there's no problems with ownership.

Is anyone else interested? We really need writers!

7. robin416

robin416 Super Moderator Staff Member

I'll try sending a couple of PM's. I can think of a couple of people that might have some insights that we don't.

8. Hey Austin, @robin416 reached out to me about writing an article for the forum. Would you mind sending me a PM about what is allowed and not allowed as far as a business writing an article please?

9. chickenqueen

Good one,Robin!!!Go straight to the professionals......;)

10. CFAdmin

CFAdmin Administrator

It can be about anything chicken related, but it can't include links back to their business. It can be no less than 750 words with 2-3 images they take themselves. If you want to include me in the conversation I can help.

11. seminolewind

seminolewind SuperModerator Staff Member

I think it would be great to figure out an article from the business aspect. I think member submissions attract more readers, sometimes out of curiousity, LOL

12. chickenqueen

I haven't really thought about doing an article yet but,I hate to admit it, I haven't figured out how to make paragraphs on the laptop.I can just do this block form.It never really mattered before so I never tried.I got some figuring out to do.Any help would be greatly appreciated.Hint,hint.....PS it was because of this forum that I bought the laptop.Never messed with computers before.I still don't even know what all the keys are for.Now your making me use it all....:eek:

SonoranChick likes this.
  13. robin416

It's called a learning curve. Just like you've been learning with the Geese albeit you'd rather be learning about the Geese and not some tech that doesn't entertain you with its antics.

You don't have to worry about paragraphs, I think most of us have moved away from them and just use the double line to separate the paragraphs.

There's tricks like alt/ctrl/delete. The three keys are held down at the same time. You might find that one handy. You can get a ton of info from the net, like I can never remember how to do a screen grab and have to go search out the instructions again.

chickenqueen likes this.
  14. chickenqueen

Thanks,Robin.The next time I have free time,I'll have to check it out and see if I can learn something.Never thought to ask the laptop how to run it.D'uh!!!

15. robin416

It also takes quiet time when learning the new stuff. That's partly why I never remember how to do a screen grab, it usually is required when I've got other stuff going on.

Believe it or not I started off with computers before the internet was born. You didn't just type a few words, there was basically code needed to accomplish anything.

16. dawg53

dawg53 Well-Known Member

What does alt/ctrl/delete do?

chickenqueen likes this.
  17. robin416

Several things, now I'm going to have to do it to tell you. Windows Task Manager is being able to see what systems are open on your system. I've seen things get hung even though I closed it, I can go there and tell it to shut the offending file. The other is if it locks many times you can use that to restart the computer. Change a password, switch users and something else.

Most times I keep the window open so if the system locks up I can get to it.

18. CFAdmin

CFAdmin Administrator

If you have any questions on using the software or your CPU I'm happy to answer them or do research to figure out the answer. I do it all the time.

19. chickenqueen

Your post made me laugh.I thought I was the only idiot.Nice to know I'm in good company.I would've asked the same question.Something weird happened yesterday.It could've been a coincidence but I took it as a sign.I'm a Lisa Haven fan and her newest post was about VPN,which Robin explained to me and suggested earlier in the day.Not only that,their thing(for lack of a better word) is the IP CHICKEN.2 mentions and an IP Chicken.It really got my attention.Lisa also stated most other countries have either outlawed VPN or are going to,including China,Russia and Europe.It really made me rethink things.

20. robin416

Unless you had a job that used computers from the long ago, there are things you probably wouldn't know about. I used DOS, knew all the tricks to get it to work the way I wanted it to. Used to be you could still access DOS in the early Windows years, not now. Used UNIX at AT&T, I hated that system. Although from what I've read they've made enough changes to it that that may be my next operating system instead of Windows 10. I don't want Windows 10 in any shape way or form.