Chicken Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a picture of the armoire that I started converting into a coop for my extra small backyard city flock. I live at the entrance to our neighborhood so it has to be pretty and functional. Back yard and patio is decorated in shabby chic so I'm looking for a name that will fit. New to the forum and Open to any name suggestions!

Attachments

·
Registered
157 Posts
Wow, I'm cringing at what retired just said, but I kind of agree, that was a beautiful armoire you could have sold for $500, and bought a decked out tractor with the money. :(. I don't think your an idiot, its your furniture, but, eek, that was really pretty. Now it's gonna be covered in chicken poop!

·
Registered
72 Posts
I know someone with two and they both went brood and the sat 25 quail eggs under one and she hatched 20 and after she hatched them they both went broody again so now they have 20 -25 under each hen but any suggestions on normal sized chickens which ones r brood more than other??

·
Registered
157 Posts
I think depending on where you get them from,hatchery or breeder, has a bit to do with broodiness. Hatcheries tend to breed the broodiness out of their birds, from what I've read, so they are more proficient layers. buff Orpingtons or Austrolorpes from a breeder maybe 2 good choices for broodiness, also I have heard that Silkies make good broodies.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts