Chicken Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
New Chicken Mom
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at my girlfriends house today and Bellina, the gold wyandotte, went missing. We looked everywhere. After a long search and talking to neighbors, I was in the backyard by myself kinda bummed she was missing. I heard a noise behind the shed, Bellina jumped out at me and just started to cackle long and hard. My girlfriend comes running out and we peeked behind the shed and there was her nest. Found 7 eggs. Largest one was 49 grams and smallest was 35 grams. We were jumping up and down all excited like two little kids on Easter. One of the eggs was still warm.

Attachments

·
New Chicken Mom
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:D Thanks everyone, it was a great feeling. I even busted her Dad outside talking to the chickens. Plan to eat them for breakfast with my daughter.

·
New Chicken Mom
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The egg yolks were bright orange. I scrambled them and noticed they were very creamy, compared to the store bought eggs I by. My daughter thought I put cheese in them. We both enjoyed the eggs and looking forward to more!!

·
Banned
1,267 Posts
Yes mam.. With fresh eggs there's no comparison to store bought... taste texture health.. I haven't ate store bought eggs in many years.. Enjoy !!

·
New Chicken Mom
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The silver wyandotte is laying now!! Her eggs are white. Now, if only my bantams will lay for me....maybe spring?

·
New Chicken Mom
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes, but she was laying them and we did not know until we found the nest. The best part is when our little girls come in after school with the eggs for the day. I have two coops set up, one at my house filled with Booted Bantams. Coop 2 is at my best friends house with a laying flock we are trying to start. Bellina is laying an egg a day.

·
Registered
31 Posts
That's great! Something similar happened to us recently when we thought one of our EE's had stopped laying. Then she went missing one day. Finally I found her in a flower pot, along with four eggs!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts