Look what I found at coop 2

Discussion in 'Egg Quality & Storage' started by BootedBantam, Oct 10, 2012.

1. BootedBantam

BootedBantam New Chicken Mom

I was at my girlfriends house today and Bellina, the gold wyandotte, went missing. We looked everywhere. After a long search and talking to neighbors, I was in the backyard by myself kinda bummed she was missing. I heard a noise behind the shed, Bellina jumped out at me and just started to cackle long and hard. My girlfriend comes running out and we peeked behind the shed and there was her nest. Found 7 eggs. Largest one was 49 grams and smallest was 35 grams. We were jumping up and down all excited like two little kids on Easter. One of the eggs was still warm.

Attached Files:

2. cogburn

cogburn New Member

That's cool right there !

3. 7chicks

7chicks New Member

What a tease Bellina! :p Glad all is well. :)

4. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Okay then. Back in business.

5. tigereyesblue76

tigereyesblue76 Member

What a great ending.... My kids and I just love finding eggs around the garden...

6. oakwood

oakwood New Member

7. BootedBantam

:D Thanks everyone, it was a great feeling. I even busted her Dad outside talking to the chickens. Plan to eat them for breakfast with my daughter.

8. Italy-Dan

Italy-Dan New Member

Good luck for these eggs! :D

9. rob

rob New Member

wow, well done. :)

10. cogburn

cogburn New Member

That's a big omelette !!

11. BootedBantam

The egg yolks were bright orange. I scrambled them and noticed they were very creamy, compared to the store bought eggs I by. My daughter thought I put cheese in them. We both enjoyed the eggs and looking forward to more!!

12. cogburn

cogburn New Member

Yes mam.. With fresh eggs there's no comparison to store bought... taste texture health.. I haven't ate store bought eggs in many years.. Enjoy !!

13. BootedBantam

I love it when you call me mam.......lol Bellina is laying in the shed now, since we took her eggs.

14. BootedBantam

The silver wyandotte is laying now!! Her eggs are white. Now, if only my bantams will lay for me....maybe spring?

15. cogburn

cogburn New Member

Good Deal Lucille !!

16. livingmydream

livingmydream New Member

Bellina

Did she lay all 7 eggs??? Each of my chickens lay one egg per day! What a suprize for you!!

17. BootedBantam

Yes, but she was laying them and we did not know until we found the nest. The best part is when our little girls come in after school with the eggs for the day. I have two coops set up, one at my house filled with Booted Bantams. Coop 2 is at my best friends house with a laying flock we are trying to start. Bellina is laying an egg a day.

18. Chickadee

Chickadee New Member

That's great! Something similar happened to us recently when we thought one of our EE's had stopped laying. Then she went missing one day. Finally I found her in a flower pot, along with four eggs!

19. BootedBantam

The girls hanging out in the dirt on Thanksgiving. Also Bellina has slowed down in egg laying. Can't find Dorothy's (silver one) nest? I wonder if she is even laying??

Attached Files:

20. BootedBantam

more pics ..........

Attached Files: