Chicken Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there! I have been lurking on this forum for about 6 months or so. I finally decided that it was time to join in. This will be my second summer in a row that I have kept chickens. I have kept chickens once before about 4 years ago that we kept for culling. This time around, we are keeping them mainly for eggs, but as the older hens age, we will cull them too. Right now, I have one RIR rooster named Foghorn, and 7 hens. One is a RIR mix named Amelia and the other 6 are silver-lace Wyandottes, with only one named (Broody). They have been excellent to us so far, and I look forward to expanding my flock.
I also look forward into learning so much more about chickens and also make some chicken-friends. :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the welcome! 7chicks, I was born and raised in Colorado. :) I guess I forgot to mention that in my first post!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Welcome from Florida.
I spent a little over a year in Colorado once, long ago. For a flatland Florida boy it was an awesome experience. The Rockies are beautiful, and very different than the Smokies I was used to. Just one drawback - what's up with the wintertime below zero deal and that white stuff that falls from the sky in large quantities?:D

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome from Florida.
I spent a little over a year in Colorado once, long ago. For a flatland Florida boy it was an awesome experience. The Rockies are beautiful, and very different than the Smokies I was used to. Just one drawback - what's up with the wintertime below zero deal and that white stuff that falls from the sky in large quantities?:D
The Rockies are indeed very beautiful! The winter time can be pretty brutal, at least temperature-wise. I was born and raised here, so I am used to it- the freezing winters and the roasting summers. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts