Chicken Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had posted about having to re-home my rooster (supposed to be a hen). He is my sweetheart and at least he will be going with a family where I know he will be treated as a pet (and also will be in my same town) - to people who are already fawning over his photos. I am so unhappy about having him go (but I live in a neighborhood) that I am keeping him as long as I possibly can -My question is this: he is probably 4.5 months old. I see that his wattles are bright cherry red. I know that in hens that means they are about to lay/laying but is this a hormonal thing and he is about to start crowing? Thanks ahead for any answers.
Bird Chicken Beak Plant Gesture
Bird Plant Neck Eyelash Feather

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh no!! He did start to crow today! I thought not yet but Mother Nature said yes, today! Luckily they were able to take him at his new home today and he will have a great life (though not as many in his chicken harem as the 17 girls he has here 😂). Here he is on his way to his new home - calm and curious and an excellent car rider (better than my dogs!). We will miss you handsome Zeus 💔.
Feather Fawn Liver Basket Companion dog

1 - 6 of 6 Posts