Chicken Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

· Registered
I have two hyline browns and one rose comb leghorn, hoping to add four more girls tomorrow
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Iv read that it can take a couple of weeks for new birds to be accepted into the flock the young rose comb leghorn I have is in her own coup with protection from the others what would be a good time to let her free range with the two hylines? I had them together at first but until I get my fence extended higher she just flys over it to get away from them.
Bird Vertebrate Wood Phasianidae Mesh

· Registered
I have two hyline browns and one rose comb leghorn, hoping to add four more girls tomorrow
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Iv read that it can take a couple of weeks for new birds to be accepted into the flock the young rose comb leghorn I have is in her own coup with protection from the others what would be a good time to let her free range with the two hylines? I had them together at first but until I get my fence extended higher she just flys over it to get away from them. View attachment 46053
I have put the cover on the rose comb leghorns coup now

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
A couple of weeks most of the time. Even then there will be some bullying to establish whose in charge. Unless blood is drawn it's best to let them figure it out.
I’ll give her another week in the pen while I get my fence my extended, thanks 🙏

21 - 25 of 25 Posts