California Lavender orpington / white leghorn mixed roos need home

Discussion in 'Chickens' started by Marie Mitchell, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Marie Mitchell

Marie Mitchell Member

We hatched these from eggs and we got 4 roosters out of six! They have been handled daily by my kids and are really sweet! Unfortunately I live in the city so I'm sure my neighbors would hate me keeping them. I found two homes so looking for a home for each or together! IMG_4517.jpg IMG_4515.jpg IMG_4513.jpg

This is ducky, he's more grey then the picture shows. And the next 3 pics is DJ IMG_4404.jpg IMG_4399.jpg IMG_4387.jpg

2. Sylie

Sylie Super Moderator Staff Member

Marie, they are so grown up!! How awesome they look! I wish I could help but I live too far away and also live in town (no rooster ordinance) on top of the fact that my husband would KILL me if I got more chickens lol

3. Overmountain1

Overmountain1 New Member

They are adorable! Look at those little sweeties. Believe me, if I could I would, if I wasn’t in basically the same boat!

4. Marie Mitchell

Marie Mitchell Member

Yes! I can't find anything that says I can't have a rooster but I'm pretty sure my neighbors would kill me lol. My neighbors are very close to my house! I'm sad because all the roosters I have to rehome are very sweet! My kids are sad but I managed to bring some baby chicks home to replace the roosters

Sylie likes this.
  5. Marie Mitchell

Marie Mitchell Member

I'm so sad to have to rehome them! I'm hoping I can find a home before they crow!

6. Overmountain1

Overmountain1 New Member

Oh well I’m glad you’re doing better than we are- we get the morning crow-fest each day back n forth! Oh- fingers crossed for both of us to find them happy and loving homes- it rly is hard to let them go, even in that short time we raise them it’s so easy to be attached. Best luck!

7. robin416

robin416 Administrator Staff Member

And they're boys. They can be so much more entertaining than the girls.

8. Marie Mitchell

Marie Mitchell Member

My kids are loving the roosters more and more by each day. Rehoming is going to get hard on them soon

9. robin416

If it wasn't for your neighbors being too close it is possible to have a herd of roosters living together in their own enclosure. There could be crowing contests between the head roo in the one enclosure with the boy in with the girls. You don't usually have all of them crowing all day long.

10. Marie Mitchell

Marie Mitchell Member

I would love to keep them but I doubt I could get away with it. I'm curious to have one crow on me and see how loud it is but then I definitely have to get rid of it that day probably

11. Marie Mitchell

Marie Mitchell Member

Good news... The guy who was taking my two roosters took all 4 after all! I'm dealing with some very sad children but the bandaid was ripped off at least. He gave me a 10 min heads up that he was By my house so my poor kids didn't have much time for goodbyes

Sylie likes this.
  12. robin416

That's great news. They were handsome little guys.

Marie Mitchell likes this.
  13. Marie Mitchell

Marie Mitchell Member

They are already missed. I got chicks to replace them a month ago at the feed store.... they gave me a rooster.... I’ll be calling them tom before my kids get attached haha

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
    Sylie likes this.
  14. robin416

It's really hard when there aren't a whole bunch of birds to rehome any of them. If you can't have roosters your challenge is going to be getting bantams since they can't be sexed at a day old. But bantams are usually so much fun.