Chicken Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure many of our children will be home all summer and we all need tolerable kids movies top watch with them.

Wreck it Ralph was pretty great. I watched it twice, the first time I wasn't really paying attention so I went back and watched it again.

What else is there to watch?

·
Registered
367 Posts
The Polar Express is a favorite at my house. Also, Cars, Cars 2, all of the Toy Story movies, and How to Train a Dragon. I don't mind watching these or any of the classic Disney Princess movies, but I'm not very picky!

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
I want to see Brave lol My kids are only into movies and TV in the winter mostly. Its hard to keep them inside during the summer.

·
A Round American Woman
735 Posts
My kids are older now, but some faves were The Sandlot (original only), Milo and Otis, Toothless, The Goonies, Honey I Shrunk the Kids, Babe, Galaxy Quest, Muppet Treasure Island (a personal favorite), National Treasure, StarGate, Fifth Element, Indiana Jones, The original Star Wars Trilogy (why watch the crap when you can have the real ones??) Jurassic Park, Timeline, (great to start a discussion movies on science ethics!!) SpaceBalls (age appropriate of course), Ferris Bueller, Spaced Invaders, The Princess Bride, Homeward Bound one and two, Cinderella, the musical one. My daughter always loved that one, Batteries Not Included, Back to the Future, The Muppet Movie, Casper, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, the old one and the new one. Wizard of Oz, James and the Giant Peach, Matilda (can't forget that one!! LOVE that one), the original Superman, The Never Ending Story, Innerspace, E.T., Close Encounters, Mom and Dad Save the World (I still can't hear the name "Todd" without giggling), The Black Stallion, one and two, my kids liked Spy Kids, I didn't, Look Whos Talking, Beatlejuice, Edward Scissorhands, The original Annie, Mr. Beans' movies and the TV show, Baby's Day Out, Short Circuit, Dennis the Menace.

I'm sure there are tons more, we were always big movie watchers. We stopped animated Disney movies around the Pocahontas/Mulan era. I was forced to watch a modern one at a relatives house. Wow, I would have never gotten my kids to watch some of that crap.

My daughter LOVED all the Goosebumps shows, around third or fourth grade-ish.

Oh, and no matter how old you are.....MATILDA. It's one that I still watch, all by myself!! :D

·
Registered
772 Posts
Roslyn said:
.......Milo and Otis.....
I read about animals being abused in that movie when I looked it up... 0.O

·
Premium Member
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just found out Milo and Otis is a Japanese movie. Didn't know that.

I saw Brave last night, it's a little slow but it was watchable.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Austin said:
I just found out Milo and Otis is a Japanese movie. Didn't know that.

I saw Brave last night, it's a little slow but it was watchable.
There was an American remake...

·
Registered
772 Posts
jen3910 said:
The iron giant. Excellent animated movie.
*nods in agreement*

·
Banned
1,954 Posts
Muppet Treasure Island! My boys are in their 20s and it's still their favorite movie of all time and they watch it every time it comes on TV. They can say every line and sing every song.

So can I! :D

Best kid's movie..ever.

The Buttercream Gang movies are good ones, if you can find them.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts