Just a few of my flock - The boys

Discussion in 'Chicken Stories and Images' started by adorson, Aug 3, 2012.

1. adorson

adorson New Member

I will have to do some girls in another post

This is Rocky. He is my personal protector and protects me from my evil silkie boy Red. All I have to do is yell his name and he comes running to get Red away from me. He is ready and waiting for Red to act up in this picture.

[​IMG]

This is Evil Red. Believe it or not he actually won BV at one time. He was gorgeous. I gave him a bath, took him to a show, got him a hotel and even took his own girl along with him. Once we got back from the show is when he became a jerk! He used to be the sweetest boy. Now he looks all scraggly because of Rocky needing to keep him away from me! There is a reason I keep him around though he produces gorgeous daughters.

[​IMG]

Two of my other favorite boys are Lenny & Squiggy, the bantam salmon favorelles boys. I also have Shirley but Laverne went missing without a trace about a year ago.
    Lenny & Squiggy always stop to pose for the camera.

Lenny

[​IMG]

Squiggy

[​IMG]

This is Henry. He is my biggest silkie boy and best buddies with Rocky. Henry took on a hawk to save some youngster a few months ago. He tucked them under the bush and fought the hawk. His back was sliced up pretty badly but he pulled through and is fine now. He will have a home here forever because of that!

[​IMG]

These two crack me up even more than Lenny and Squiggy. They are 4 months old and also stop to strike a pose for the camera like their Dad, Lenny. They are just starting to get their big boy pants, which should become quite interesting soon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I have many more but will stop here! ;)

[​IMG]

2. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

What a gorgeous bunch of Roos. Good for you as they are all spectacular.

3. adorson

adorson New Member

Thank you! I love the boys because they are usually quite the characters but always end up with too many!

4. rob

rob New Member

some great looking roo's there.

5. 7chicks

7chicks New Member

Those are some real handsome boys!!! You have to be so proud! My girls are jealous but Mom says no boyfriends for them. ; ) Chickens sure are full of personality! Love them all.

Attached Files:

6. Apyl

Apyl New Member

I LOVE Lennie so cool.

7. adorson

adorson New Member

Thanks! 7chicks, your girls are gorgeous! My guys would love to be their boyfriends! ;)

8. Westelle

Westelle New Member

Love your guys!

9. cogburn

cogburn New Member

Very nice.. And love the names....

10. Westelle

Westelle New Member

Oh cogburn..
    I love your avatar picture of your eggs...very beautiful

11. cogburn

cogburn New Member

Thank ya Westelle

12. TheGarryFarm

TheGarryFarm New Member

nice pics y'all.........

13. madman

madman New Member

Lenny looks great might get one

14. adorson

adorson New Member

You will love the Favorelles. They are a very gentle breed. He is a great dad to the chicks, good to the girls and a all around good rooster! So is his brother Squiggy. I really love this breed and want to get more but the bantams are hard to find.

15. MeHimand5ofThem

MeHimand5ofThem New Member

What a great looking bunch of boys!! Thank you for sharing :) We don't have any roos... yet. :D

16. LinVal

LinVal New Member

What handsome guys!! Do you have any fights breaking out, or is everyone pretty well behaved? My three guys have their moments...

17. anderson8505

anderson8505 New Member

Love the pics, especially that first roo, he's really pretty.

18. adorson

adorson New Member

Thanks! Right now things are pretty calm with the boys. They all know their place and have their separate areas they hang out and patrol. The younger boys spar a little amongst each other finding their place with each other but they don't mess with the older boys. Now when these older boys were growing out, I had one poor guy that was totally scalped. I never found who he fought with but now he is accepted with the older guys. He never did quite grow his nice crest back! I do keep my one eyed rooster in a separate coop with a couple of girls and their chicks. He is at a disadvantage so I don't want to put him in that situation. He is a very sweet boy too.

19. juiceasorus

juiceasorus New Member

My roo use to be a total sweetie, then one day i was changing their water and i felt something attacking the back of my leg! Little bugger, i dont believe in processing my own chickens so hes still here!

20. adorson

adorson New Member

LOL...Evil Red is still here too. He is such a dork! I lost my protector Rocky to a heart attack so now I am trying to teach Hope the one eyed rooster to keep Evil Red in line. He is starting to learn! I don't know why they suddenly turn like that. The only thing I can think of with Red is he thinks he is the ultimate chick and broody protector. It seems he is worse when I am messing with the chicks or the moms. He is my only mean boy ever and I have had alot of roos hatch. Even Red's kids are sweet so his trait has not been passed down to the next generation.