Chicken Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
20,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now the gang is driving me crazy. The girls are reaching sexual maturity and they keep leading the rest of the flock off. Usually that's to the neighboring property where they're not welcome. Which means I have to drive over and send them home again.

This morning was nuts. Pandemonium ruled the roost. Literally. There is the gang of five males that makes things miserable for the rest of the flock in the pen. I shoved all of their feathery behinds out and peace now resides in the pen.

I also closed off half of the pen so Baby can come down off the roost and do Guinea stuff without the others harassing him. He's been down but when I looked a few minutes ago he's back on a roost.

·
Super Moderator
3,649 Posts
Party at the neighbor's house!

·
Administrator
20,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm kind of pigheaded. As long as I don't lose my patience when I'm in front of them I can usually get them to do what I want.

Baby is a prime example. I let everyone out yesterday everyone but Baby went up easily. I would try, he would say nope and I'd head back into the house. Just as the sun was setting I went out again. This time it was obvious he wanted in with the others. Took some finagling and penning of the other birds so I could leave the door open but in he went on his own.

·
Super Moderator
3,649 Posts
I'm kind of pigheaded. As long as I don't lose my patience when I'm in front of them I can usually get them to do what I want.
I hope it's all legal !!!

·
Super Moderator
3,649 Posts
I wouldn't want to read about a bank robbery involving a flock of Guineas...

·
Administrator
20,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just imagine turning a flock of Guinea loose in a bank. All of their screeching and buckwheating would empty the building leaving it wide open for self service.

·
Super Moderator
3,649 Posts
What a hoot! Mine were annoying outside, can you imagine a flock of Guineas indoors? It's slightly disconcerting that you have given thought to how to do the bank thing.

·
Super Moderator
3,649 Posts
This is true. Hey, I was a government psychologist, all I have is guilt!

·
Super Moderator
3,649 Posts
There's nothing like a power outage to test the entire system.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts