Chicken Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I knew it would probably happen eventually. I have two boys who were hatched and raised together, living separately from my girls. (I recently rehomed one who was becoming very aggressive toward people.) They've been doing fine and suddenly today my favorite, sweet boy began attacking the other. Still as friendly as can be toward me and my family, but absolutely won't stop attacking his "brother". They were fighting pretty viciously so I removed the other one and put him with my 4 girls. Now I'm worried about my boy, Marshmallow. It will be getting cold soon and he has no one to snuggle with now. Besides, can he live on his own without any companionship besides me? I'm so worried about him and don't know what to do. Btw, he can't be a house rooster due to dogs.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I don't know the answer to your question other than to tell you chickens are flock animals and don't really do well without flock mates. He'll do fine with cold. He doesn't really need anyone to cuddle with to stay warm. I am a little confused though. Are rehoming all your chickens and just keeping MM?

·
Administrator
22,322 Posts
Don't you have two coops with girls in them? Or were the two boys living in the big lean to like coop?

Or did you end up with all boys and only one girl? I've really lost track of where you started and how this has gotten to where it is now.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I think I'd put my favorite in with the girls and let him enjoy the benefits of female company. Rehome the other rooster or get MM some of his own ladies as previously suggested.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think I'd put my favorite in with the girls and let him enjoy the benefits of female company. Rehome the other rooster or get MM some of his own ladies as previously suggested.
We're going out to where we got Marshmallow from today and hopefully get about 4 more girls to put in with him. I just hope it's not another battle to get them to get along too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts