Isaac, the not so terrible

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Sundancers, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Sundancers

Sundancers New Member

Isaac

Tropical Storm Isaac is entering the Caribbean. U.S. impacts are still uncertain, but everyone in the coastal southeastern U.S. should be vigilant as we track the storm's projected path ...

2. earlyt89

earlyt89 New Member

Yes I'm very concerned. I live in a very low lying area and just a good rain floods my yard. Southern Alabama is no fun, we all saw what hurricane Ivan did.

3. ChickenAdmin

ChickenAdmin Administrator Staff Member

We've been getting rain with these storms. It's been nice for us, but then we're not getting the brunt of it.

4. ricepaddydaddy

ricepaddydaddy New Member

We have gotten so much rain here in north Florida, every day for the last 2 weeks, the ground cannot hold any more and we now have standing water here at The Ol' Homestead.
    And this area is still recovering from massive flooding from the last tropical system.
    We are going to be in a world of hurt.
    Sign on our local church: "If you've been praying for rain, you can stop now."

5. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

This is from global warming caused by whatever reason. It will continue to cause erratic weather patterns and unusual circumstances. I would suggest brainstorming to see how best to deal with more water. There is a TED talk about bottles that can make clean water from polluted. Might want to get some for your family members so everyone always has clean drinking water. Unfortunately they are about $100 each but still a good insurance policy for staying alive. I expect it's gonna get worse, (hotter, wetter, colder, dryer) and the extremes will be more extreme. Be prepared and take care of yourself. That's the way I'm thinking at this time in history.

6. earlyt89

earlyt89 New Member

Everyone remembers the effect on the gulf coast by Hurricane Ivan. But his little brother Isaac is all hype. I'm in the Northeastern corner of the storm right now. It's been sprinkling but no major rain. I was concerned for my chickens because I live probly dead level with the water level. I have put roost polls everywhere in my coops because in just a good rain my yard floods. I'll keep everyone posted through the hurricane on the Southern Alabama front. I would appreciate anyone's input on their effects on the storm and please include your area.

Bon Secour, Alabama

7. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

It 84 degrees and a little cloudy. That's all I hot here in NJ. The weekly report says hot and sunny all week. I'd like a little rain so I don't have to mow this week. :-(

8. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Okay just checked again. They are saying some rain starting tonight at 9 and dine by 7 am. It's 7:30 pm right now.

9. Jeremysbrinkman

Jeremysbrinkman New Member

EnergyVet I don't know about you but as these bands of Isaac pass over they are dropping some pretty heavy rains here and the wind gust are pretty string too.

Grand Bay, Alabama

10. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

I'm guessing much more south than I am on the coast of NJ.

11. Sundancers

Sundancers New Member

Heavy rain & and high winds ... never a good combo.

Stay safe!

12. earlyt89

earlyt89 New Member

Checkin in again. Rains pickin up. Winds blowing the trees a lil sideways. Don't want a flood. Jeremy be safe in Grand Bay. It's goin to be worse your way

13. cogburn

cogburn New Member

Hope everything is alright for all y'all in the storms path.

14. earlyt89

earlyt89 New Member

It ain't too bad just rain. I'm surrounded by trees so I get a break from the wind

15. ErnieS

ErnieS New Member

Foley, Almost to Elberta here. Same experience. Some gusts about 50 up in the field above the house, but only 3" of rain so far. No big deal. The biggest problem is that DirecTV went out just as they were to eliminate one contestant on Master Chef.
    A friend in Bon Secour lost his power for about an hour this morning, but all we've had is 2, 30 second blips.
    My prayers are with those of you in NOLA.

16. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Curl up with a great book. Snuggle under the covers and stay safe! Our thoughts are with you.

17. earlyt89

earlyt89 New Member

Elberta isn't far away. My dads there

18. ErnieS

ErnieS New Member

You down near Billy's? I'm a couple miles east of the Beach Express.

19. earlyt89

earlyt89 New Member

I'm a quarter mile from Billy's Seafood

20. rblood

rblood New Member

Hurricane Isaac

We live in central Louisiana and am worried about our girls in this weather