Chicken Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to make sure since her nose was like this since February and I wanted to make sure if it’s getting better?
IMG_9613.jpg
and does anyone know why my other hen just keeps standing there with her tail up and she’s just standing there everyday in the morning only.

·
Administrator
19,494 Posts
It doesn't look black anymore. Something might have changed.

Need a pic of the hen just standing there. Just like with the bare butt there can be multiple reasons.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It doesn't look black anymore. Something might have changed.

Need a pic of the hen just standing there. Just like with the bare butt there can be multiple reasons.
Oh has it gotten worse? I still haven’t found any of the antibiotics you said and I don’t have anywhere that sells things for chickens. Here’s a picture and thanks so much for your help
IMG_9632.jpg

·
Administrator
19,494 Posts
The below is from dawg.

It might just be feces stuck to her feather shafts. A warm water soaked rag should clean it off. If it's lice or mite eggs, coconut oil will remove them. Have you seen lice or mites crawling around on any of your birds? Lice are white/off white or 'straw' in color and move quickly through feathers and fluff and they have 6 legs. Mites are black or red in color and move slower, they have 8 legs. Mites are dangerous. They suck blood and can cause anemia, then death. Red mites carry spirochetes which will infect chickens.
Then you'll have treat your birds with the product listed below if you're in Canada. Follow the directions to the letter concerning treating coops and spaying chickens.
www.drugs.com

Doktor Doom Lice Killer for Poultry Plus+ (Commercial) (Canada) for Animal Use - Drugs.com
Learn about Doktor Doom Lice Killer for Poultry Plus+ (Commercial) (Canada) for animal usage including: active ingredients, directions for use, precautions, and storage information.
www.drugs.com
www.drugs.com

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The below is from dawg.

It might just be feces stuck to her feather shafts. A warm water soaked rag should clean it off. If it's lice or mite eggs, coconut oil will remove them. Have you seen lice or mites crawling around on any of your birds? Lice are white/off white or 'straw' in color and move quickly through feathers and fluff and they have 6 legs. Mites are black or red in color and move slower, they have 8 legs. Mites are dangerous. They suck blood and can cause anemia, then death. Red mites carry spirochetes which will infect chickens.
Then you'll have treat your birds with the product listed below if you're in Canada. Follow the directions to the letter concerning treating coops and spaying chickens.
www.drugs.com

Doktor Doom Lice Killer for Poultry Plus+ (Commercial) (Canada) for Animal Use - Drugs.com
Learn about Doktor Doom Lice Killer for Poultry Plus+ (Commercial) (Canada) for animal usage including: active ingredients, directions for use, precautions, and storage information.
www.drugs.com
www.drugs.com
I’ve seen white bugs crawling on them last week.. I put some DE on them and haven’t seen them since. And I saw tiny red bug on the ground is that mite? I hope it’s not..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts