Chicken Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't tell if this is a roo it doesn't "cock a doodle doo" I was sold it saying it was a hen its a red star I'm so confused about the comb though haven't got any eggs yet but only had it for a day it seems to be dominant over my other hen but it might just be a weird hen help!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
363 Posts
I can't tell if this is a roo it doesn't "cock a doodle doo" I was sold it saying it was a hen its a red star I'm so confused about the comb though haven't got any eggs yet but only had it for a day it seems to be dominant over my other hen but it might just be a weird hen help!!!
I'd say roo

·
Registered
159 Posts
My Roo just started crowing about 2-3 days ago and he is about 16 weeks old. He is nice and social with me and the hens, although today he grabbed one of the hens by the neck and wouldn't let go. I think heat be wanting to breed

·
1,466 Posts
not all of them crow, doesn't mean he will not start
i bet "he" starts "jumping you hens"
he looks young & thin
i bet he will start

·
Flocker
1,588 Posts
He's just an immature roo. He'll get the hang of the whole crowing thing, and the first time you hear him, it will be the funniest thing you ever heard, and you will also be so proud at the same time!! Rotten brats.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
fuzziebutt said:
He's just an immature roo. He'll get the hang of the whole crowing thing, and the first time you hear him, it will be the funniest thing you ever heard, and you will also be so proud at the same time!! Rotten brats.
Ha we think its a leg horn her they tend to have big waddles and such I have been watching to see if he mounts the hen but there's only one that's laying and his size hoping he's either a quiet roo or a hen cause we live in the city :p

·
Banned
1,954 Posts
Yep..rooster. Don't crow? Yippeeee! Be thankful! :D My old Toby isn't a big crower either...he crows but not excessively, which I just LOVE. Some roosters can be incessant with their talking, talking and talking and it can get old. I like a quiet homestead.

·
Banned
1,954 Posts
It stands like a roo but I don't see the feathering of a roo....could be she IS a hen. You'll have to keep us posted! If HE lays an egg it will either make history or you have a hen with big hair! :D

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ha okay got an egg but not sure who from hopefully I can track who's butt it came from :)

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
2rain said:
Ha okay got an egg but not sure who from hopefully I can track who's butt it came from :)
Can't wait to hear. Does he/she squat when you go to pet? From what I know of the cross breed, all red are hens, but that is a big comb and waddle!

·
1,466 Posts
the neck feathers look to have a point to them , which says boy
hens have rounded ends to their neck feathers

1 - 20 of 23 Posts