Chicken Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
View attachment 44913
I got my chickens end of March from TSC. 4 are RIR, the other 8 were bought as 4 sapphire gems & 4 blue Plymouth rocks. I’ve heard/learned that sapphire gems & blue Plymouth rocks are essentially the same. My question is, Midnight, the black chicken, is she either of those breeds? She doesn’t look ANYTHING like the other 7 sapphire gems/blue Plymouth rocks. All of them are colored like Paisley, The rooster in the pic. Does anyone knows if she’s the same & if not, what breed she is? Thanks!
I have exactly the same situation. I bought 3 Sapphire Gems from Tractor supply. 2 look like Sapphire Gems and 1 is black judt like yours. I was wondering if she is something else. She is sweet and I love her but have wondered about her.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I have exactly the same situation. I bought 3 Sapphire Gems from Tractor supply. 2 look like Sapphire Gems and 1 is black judt like yours. I was wondering if she is something else. She is sweet and I love her but have wondered about her.
Today my Sapphire blue chicks are 12 weeks old. Starting yesterday my solid black one is rapidly turning blue on her underside. Her puffy black butt is now blue. Yours may get some blue too,

1 - 2 of 2 Posts