Chicken Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
image-2108581526.jpg

I thought my cuckoo marans stripy chick was Roo but looking at the 6 week old French blue cooper marans chick in front I'm now thinking it is a pullet as the blue looks to me to look very too like! I'll post some more pictures. What do people think?

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
It looks like a barred rock roo if you ask me in my experience with br ar that the roos bars are normally not as formal and neat as a hens hens are straight and pretty just my experience tho

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes it could be.... The egg was dark and speckled and marked a cuckoo marans but that doesn't really mean much!
I'm still holding on to it being a girl!
Denial is the word!

·
Old Farmer
40 Posts
I'd like to see its behavior to tell. If it's a bit skittish I reckon a rooster. But, looks like a female at the moment however my 'gut feel' says Rooster. Sorry :( ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
What is the age?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just to answer the questions it is 7 weeks old and has pinkish and brown legs...

Ps if it is a girl I'll call her Doris! Thanks for the name change!

·
Registered
8 Posts
7 weeks old - most definitely a male. Red comb at that age = male.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just had her out and she sat down on my lap letting me stroke her.... So hopefully that's a good sign

·
Registered
94 Posts
Marans are sometimes tricky with mine the girls tails were upright first so originally I thought they were boys but luckily I have 3 girls 1 boy :)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts