Chicken Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Us anyone else having issues with commenting on other threads? I can creat a thread but i cant comment or respond. I tried deleting the app and reinstalling but it didnt work

·
Registered
130 Posts
I had an issue too responding to other threads. For some reason on my iPhone my comment needs to be at least 2 lines long before the SEND button will highlight so I can push it. Took me forever to figure it out. Anything shorter than that I have to quote someone. (By holding down on their comment until it comes on screen alone, then hit the arrow at the top and pick respond) Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
I do at times but I think its my computer, it has gotten so slow. Sometimes I have to refresh the screen and the reply box will show up. But if I use my daughters kindle everything loads fine.

·
Premium Member
4,193 Posts
Yes. Must be 10 characters. So we just do lots of dots................. This is not new. It's always been like this.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Energyvet said:
Yes. Must be 10 characters. So we just do lots of dots................. This is not new. It's always been like this.
Nope its not that. I can keep typeing as much as i want and i still cant send. I could have a whole novel and nothing would happen. I figured out i can just use quotes and send that way.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Mine was that way for a bit. It seemed like I couldn't respond to anything without a quote. But now I can if I keep typing or press enter a few times. It was very frustrating. Sorry...

·
Registered
82 Posts
EdisNiksic said:
Us anyone else having issues with commenting on other threads? I can creat a thread but i cant comment or respond. I tried deleting the app and reinstalling but it didnt work
Yup. My homebrewtalk app is uses the same platform as the chicken app. Both are very troublesome and buggy on the iPhone

·
Premium Member
1,558 Posts
We are working on a solution we hope to have in place soon.

I've forwarded this issue to the developer and hope to hear back soon.

·
Premium Member
1,558 Posts
How to post a thread from the app:

1. Go into the section you want to post in
2. Once you are in a specific forum, press your device's Menu/Options button
3. You'll be presented with a New Thread option
4. Click that, type in a title and your question/topic
5. Hit Send to finish or Attachments to add photos
6. Choose the photos you wish you upload from either your device's camera or gallery
7. Then either add more photos or click the Send button

To post a thread from a Computer:
1. Find the forum your question best fits into.
2. Go into that forum.
3. On the top left is a button labeled 'Post New Thread'.
4. Click on that and fill out the appropriate fields.
5. Submit.

If you have any other questions please let me know.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts