Introduction

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Catherine, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Catherine

Catherine Junior Member

Hello,

I'm new to this chicken stuff and this forum. I am just trying to post and not sure how . Hope this works but will keep it short just in case. I live in mints. Of NC and was adopted by what we believe is a chanteclur rooster . He just moved in with his gal pal last June. Well she was beheaded by what we think was an owl around thanksgiving so we ended up becoming new parents of some red sexlink hens and MR.CHICKEN decided to hang with the girls in a protected area and home made coop the neighbor built for him. My ???? Is after finding out he was a rare breed from Canada we would like to find him 2 girls of his breed and coloring s for this spring so they
    Can breed . I need help , thanks, Catherine

2. 7chicks

7chicks New Member

Hello and welcome to the forum. :) Lots of people from different places so you will get a wide range of input with your questions. That's part of the beauty of this forum. Nice mix of people all brought together by a common thread - those addicting chickens! :D Have a scratch around the threads. Join the conversation. We're happy to have you join us.

3. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Hello and welcome from NJ.

4. fuzziebutt

fuzziebutt Flocker

Welcome from Alabama!!!

5. rob

rob New Member

hello and welcome aboard :)

6. Treehouse

Treehouse New Member

welcome from West Virginia . great story. you've tried a general Internet search for your hens?

7. BuckeyeChickens

BuckeyeChickens New Member

Welcome & Greetings from Ohio....the Buckeye state!!!
    I'm talking the "Buckeye Chicken" NOT the worthless nut!!!

8. Catherine

Catherine Junior Member

Thanks for the welcome and info on buckeyes. :) I took some photo's today with iphone and got a ok one of Ethel and would have had a good one of the 3 chickens together but I somehow inadvertantly touched a video button so it flash plays them together. I'll try again when I get some time.. I spent a few hrs cleaning up after then today , refilling 2 water stations, dumping the old feed and giving them the new organic feed. I had some baked egg shells , baked macaroni ?? casserole , mealy worm, scratch, catfood and bagged salad mixture for their treat today and wow did they love the macaroni !! I also bought some OMEGA 3 stuff that was discontinued and have been adding it to the scratch , its like a powder but not a powder if that makes sense... wonder why they discontinued it. Bought at Tractor supply a few weeks ago. twas a beautiful day in NC mnts today , gonna hit 70 this saturday before the cold comes back again. Nice afternoon sitting with the chickens and talking with them... I dont get to do that often but was not feeling well today so stayed away from work. Doing much better tonite so gonna send this note and pictures too... oh found the correct spelling for MR CHICKEN and his coloring is called Partridge his breed is Chantecler....