Injured Chicken

Discussion in 'Emergencies, Illness, Meds & Cures' started by Irina Penanen, Dec 25, 2020.

1. robin416

robin416 Administrator Staff Member

Then why am I so hooked on my Guineas? They don't come anywhere near the sweetness of chickens.

Irina Penanen and Overmountain1 like this.
  2. Overmountain1

Overmountain1 Well-Known Member

Inexplicable! I have two beautiful poofy boys who would LOOOOVE to come roost with you!

Yes indeed the world is insanity, and it’s always easier to be cranky than nice. I’ve been struggling with that lately for sure!!
    I am not preaching, promise. I’m not even deeply religious myself. But, nonetheless, the Bible does tell us to love those who persecute us, and forgive them their ignorance.
    Really really dang hard to do sometimes. Truly. That’s really all I’m saying. But I try. Because a smile can make someone else’s day brighter.

And chickens always make the day brighter!! Since ours won’t come out in snow, even with a shoveled path I’ve been grabbing them one at a time and they come in to visit for a minute. Crazies!
    But, it’s hard to worry about the world when you’ve got a chicken as sweet as my Chip. He’s the best rooster ever. they’re a bit fuzzy but hey. You can see how sweet he is anyway.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Irina Penanen and danathome like this.

3. robin416

Believe me, I've been tempted more than once. But my 9 year old Hamburg has a different opinion on bringing in new chickens. She likes her quail just fine though.

Put straw down on their shoveled paths, if it's not windy I bet they'll venture out more.

4. Overmountain1

Overmountain1 Well-Known Member

Yes! Thank you for reminding me. That was on my to do list before I got stuck at home- I’ll have hubbs get some ASAP! We need it in the runs too anyway.

Irina Penanen likes this.
  5. robin416

Truthfully? I forgot about it too but that's more because I don't have to deal with snow.