Chicken Forum banner

Incubator turned off accidentally

7K views 68 replies 5 participants last post by  Animals45 
#1 ·
Hi. I was incubating some chicken eggs for a few days and they were growing. Today the incubator suddenly turned off and I did not notice. I want to know if the eggs are still alive. The turn off period was not more than 2 hours. Please someone tell me how long they can live without heat.

#46 ·
hm dead. i made a big hole actually. damn. they were in full size. no yolk left. that means they died at the very last moment. what can be the possible reason? I think it's my fault. I handled the eggs a lot. also there was a 6 hour power outage in my area for some maintenance. my ips could not back it up for about two hours. that can be a reason too.

#59 ·
That's the forum doing that. I've seen it on one of the other forums the company owns. The only thing I can think of is that you hit it just right when you used the VPN.

When you have issues if you post them in the Announcements forum those that get a paycheck will see it. The get notices sent. I'm one of those that actually participates on the forum and sees them.

#67 ·
It is normal for there to be bullying at any age, but unless the bullying is drawing blood give it some time and they're likely to become friendly. Most chickens do not like being alone. If the bullying has gotten to the point one is being injured, they need to be separated.

#62 ·
swaping won't work. because the one I brought is not interested in fighting. The one I hatched is too aggressive. If I bring another it will do the same I guess. But right now they are sleeping on each other. Don't know if they made a friendship or just got tired. If they don't stop I guess I have to raise it alone. actually the breed I hatched is kinda aggressive in nature.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.