Chicken Forum banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Administrator
19,752 Posts
What's happening? Can you swap for another if this doesn't work out? I never seen where chicks go at it at that young of an age.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
swaping won't work. because the one I brought is not interested in fighting. The one I hatched is too aggressive. If I bring another it will do the same I guess. But right now they are sleeping on each other. Don't know if they made a friendship or just got tired. If they don't stop I guess I have to raise it alone. actually the breed I hatched is kinda aggressive in nature.

·
Administrator
19,752 Posts
Oops. You might have a problem. But if they're hunkered down sleeping together it might be OK. I wonder if your peep is a rooster.

You could put a see through divider between them if it keeps up and try removing it in a few days.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Yeah they made peace now. Maybe they are not friends yet but not enemy either :p. Thank god. Also it's not driving me crazy like before.

btw how to determine if my peep is a rooster or hen?

·
Administrator
19,752 Posts
Time. Most have to grow a bit before you can tell. Seeing combs at an early age many times points at them being a male. But it's not written in stone either.

Glad to read they're doing better together and that you're not losing your mind with the constant crying of the one.

Did you get all of your chick supplies?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
yeah. A feeder, a waterer and food. They call it starter - 1. Told me to feed starter - 2 after 15 to 30 days. Then grower. That's what they supply in the farms.

·
Serama King
2,043 Posts
I brought a 4 days old chick for it. But it's a total disaster. They are not friendly to each other. I'm afraid if one of them get killed. :(
It is normal for there to be bullying at any age, but unless the bullying is drawing blood give it some time and they're likely to become friendly. Most chickens do not like being alone. If the bullying has gotten to the point one is being injured, they need to be separated.

·
Administrator
19,752 Posts
It's hard for us in a different country to know what you have there. I'm glad they were able to get you started right.

And this is the man who was not interested in chickens. This is fun.

·
Registered
408 Posts
If you see a ring around any of the eggs take them out asap, you will kill all of the chicks.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts