Chicken Forum banner

21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Administrator
19,752 Posts
I had to look up optotriacs, not even sure I can say it outloud. I sort of understand why they would be the better choice for your purposes.

Collection? You sound like some of those that hang out here. Everyone seems to have a collection of things that are their passion.

And good evening to you.

·
Super Moderator
3,507 Posts
I have optotriacs in my collection. But it needs additional circuitry to operate. I don't have all the components to build that circuit. Optotriacs can be switched several hundred times per second. So it's more than reliable for this application. The circuit is just complicated and adds some cost. However, it's better than risking a whole batch of 1000 eggs. I don't have plan to work on it right now. I will do it after the ongoing hatch.

Good morning!
Thank you for sharing with the group!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
You are welcome. I can share my schematics if any of you are interested.

Today I candled the eggs. I saw something moving around inside the eggs. Obviously, these are the embryos. But I didn't see any movement inside one of the eggs. But the veins are clearly visible. Does it mean that egg is dead?

·
Administrator
19,752 Posts
I'm not. I'm trying to think, someone here just might. Some of the folks that come here are quite curious about how things function.

No, I'd leave it be. Mark that egg and the next time you candle see if there is increased growth.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Hi. I was incubating some chicken eggs for a few days and they were growing. Today the incubator suddenly turned off and I did not notice. I want to know if the eggs are still alive. The turn off period was not more than 2 hours. Please someone tell me how long they can live without heat.
They are fine. How did it get turned off though?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
What's the latest on the hatch now, fischer?
3 days left. bad news is 2 of my eggs died. idk why. I hope the rest will hatch.

btw my name is not Fischer. My name is Tanvir. I named it after Robert James Fischer who is a former chess world champion.

·
Administrator
19,752 Posts
Thank you for the correction. Now all I have to do is remember that.

I'm looking forward to this happening. The self made incubators always make hatching more special and yours is really high tech.

·
Administrator
19,752 Posts
Yes, it works. A brand new baby peep proves it.

Now your idiot friend just might pay you to build his big incubator. LOL

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Yes, it works. A brand new baby peep proves it.

Now your idiot friend just might pay you to build his big incubator. LOL
hahaha. as I told you before I have nothing to do with chickens but don't know why, I want to keep him/her. but why it's so scared? not letting me touch.

·
Administrator
19,752 Posts
They are born with the instinct to be afraid of predators. Give it a bit of time, once it realizes you're not bad it will calm.

And are looking over the top of the incubator so it doesn't know you're there? It's why most of us used cages or see through brooders. They knew we were there and we didn't scare them by suddenly appearing overhead.

Are the other eggs going to hatch? You don't want a single.

·
Administrator
19,752 Posts
No, but it will cry a lot. The best bet is to find someone with chicks that can take it. Or if you've found yourself hooked, go find a chick to be a buddy.

Chickens are very flock oriented. They don't like not being with their own kind and it takes a toll on them.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
maybe I will buy one or two chicks from the market if they don't hatch. i have a lot of questions. what to do now? do I need to adjust the temperature to a lower level? what about the humidity? when and what do I give him as the first meal?

·
Administrator
19,752 Posts
LOL Here we go. Weren't interested in chickens you said.

It will need chick feed. Problem is you're over there and I don't know what you have there or where to get it. Your poultry friend probably knows. You need a waterer so that it can drink and a feeder to put the feed in.

21 - 40 of 69 Posts