Chicken Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I know I shouldn't but I just can't help it...
Going in for my second hatch.

I have 5 chickens.
4 silkies (2 cockerels and 2 hens) and one very large cuckoo Marans Cockerel named Boris who was my first ever hatchling.

Two weeks ago ginger started laying and as I am having to give Boris away ( to a much more noise friendly environment and some larger ladies to squash ) I thought I'd carry on his genes....
Can't wait to see what they'll turn out like!!

I also have some random eggs which I'm not even sure if they are fertile and 6 from eBay. Which hopefully include a couple of Frizzles!!!!
I'll let you know!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
image-2519660902.jpg

My 5 chickens
White, black and cuckoo marans are all cockerels and the partridge and ginger are hens!!
They all grew up together so the cock to hen ratio is a bit out of balance. Hence why Boris is off! So the chicks will be some kind of combination of the ginger hen and any of the cockerels!

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So they are in 18 eggs in all.
Not sure even what make some of them are or even fertile. Hopefully, I'll get some to hatch!!

Ps but I do have a very exciting light green egg...

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Candled my eggs day 11.
Started with 18 and 7 weren't fertile and 1 has a blood ring.
Two of the eggs I have no idea what make they are (eBay eggs).... So that'll fun!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just gone into lock down.... There were a few shaking around already.... Do silkie ever hatch a bit earlier?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks... I actually put them in on the 5th ( made a mistake)
But day 21 tomorrow!! Nothing yet... Although I bit of shaking.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
One has started to hatch... It's a silkie cross.... But it's pipping out of the wrong end. What does that mean?
Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts