Chicken Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short, some friends of mine who farm all the crazy species that I do, were having trouble with some of their Tom turkeys hatched last year. They are Eastern Wild/Narragansett, there are three of them and they both free range and have a run and coop at night. It's Spring and they have been roughing each other up pretty good, plus they spend all their time displaying and not doing turkey things like eating. Fossil Ledges now has one and it's a good fit as I have two Eastern Wild hens. I figure it may keep them here this year instead of joining up with one of the two wild flocks locally. Anyway, I need a name. He is a fairly large bird about three times the size of Goliath.

Tom Turkey.JPG

·
Administrator
19,494 Posts
It won't be me. I go on personality or physical appearance when it comes to naming mine.

Pretty guy. Can't wait to hear what the girls think of him.

·
Super Moderator
3,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It won't be me. I go on personality or physical appearance when it comes to naming mine.

Pretty guy. Can't wait to hear what the girls think of him.
The girls like him, some of the Spring behavior is already smoothing out.

·
Administrator
19,494 Posts
We have a couple of people that hang out here that probably will come up with a whole list of unusual names for him.

Good, we'll be hearing about little turkey babies hatching here soon.

·
Wonderful Friend
1,219 Posts
He’s a handsome fella! Yeah, I just spend some time with them til it comes to me usually... but I might be able to round up a good one or two...

He does remind me a bit of the muppet with the long nose... I think he was blue? Hmm.

·
Super Moderator
3,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LOL Good one. I knew one of you would come through with something off the wall.
Gonzo, so I think that will be his name, thanks!

Reactions: Overmountain1
1 - 10 of 10 Posts