Chicken Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Chick Lover
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was so devastated late last night to walk out in my yard and find all my chicks dead.
And it figures my dog did it.
Even weirder part is she didn't eat them, she just took them out of their pool
and then walk a little ways and dropped them all around my yard, I still can't get over all of this!😓
I have had that dog for for almost 8 years and I know she would never harm chicks and never has until last night, I'm so shocked she did that.
😭RIP babies!

I'm so devastated...

·
Registered
Floof queen
581 Posts
I was so devastated late last night to walk out in my yard and find all my chicks dead.
and then walk a little ways and dropped them all around my yard, I still can't get over all of this!😓
I have had that dog for for almost 8 years and I know she would never harm chicks and never has until last night, I'm so shocked she did that.
😭RIP babies!

I'm so devastated...
OMGoodness! I CAN NOT believe that happened to your chicks! I am so very sorry and know how it feels to lose chickens, especially when it is your favorite. I will be praying and hope your dog doesn't eat anymore! I know how you feel: I love the dog, but why. WHY. Did it eat the chicks??!!! Again, stay strong and God is with you!

It's ok, they are in a better place now

·
Registered
Chick Lover
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OMGoodness! I CAN NOT believe that happened to your chicks! I am so very sorry and know how it feels to lose chickens, especially when it is your favorite. I will be praying and hope your dog doesn't eat anymore! I know how you feel: I love the dog, but why. WHY. Did it eat the chicks??!!! Again, stay strong and God is with you!
Thank you! I know. I'm so heartbroken!😓

·
Registered
Chick Lover
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
they are so DEEP!!! I'm like you should publish those or something..... the reason I quote those things is so in times like this and I don't have anything good enough for quoting I can just post something of Chick named small fri
Wow

·
Registered
63 Posts
😭RIP babies!

I'm so devastated...
This hurts my heart. I am so sorry!

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
I'm sorry for your losses. Dogs are hunters. Once their hunting instinct cuts in, nothing can stop them from chasing down chicks or chickens. They are prey.

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
So sorry to have read this. So disappointing for you. Dogs can be trained to not chase chickens, but it is never safe to leave them alone unchaperoned. I find jealousy to be a factor too. There are other factors. A few months ago I took some small puppies outside and didn't keep a close watch on them. From across the yard I saw a rooster attack the puppies; the pups' mom and dad ripped the rooster to shreds before I could cross the yard and save the rooster. Neither dog had/has bothered the chickens before or after this incident.

·
Super Moderator
3,841 Posts
So sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
Chick Lover
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm sorry for your losses. Dogs are hunters. Once their hunting instinct cuts in, nothing can stop them from chasing down chicks or chickens. They are prey.
Yep it's so weird though I've owned her for 8 years almost and I've kept chicks alone with her before and she's never done that.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts