Chicken Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To hatching eggs! Lol I just ordered 2 silkie and 2 polish eggs. Our local and only hatchery here is getting there "special" order shipment tomorrow. They do this every 3 mos. So I got lucky. I asked if they had fizzles and they said no =(. But yay I'm excited to get my new eggies.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just say I have a house chicken and leave it at that. Most don't know the extent, like she sleeps in bed with me and etc. lol

·
Flocker
1,588 Posts
I just say I have a house chicken and leave it at that. Most don't know the extent, like she sleeps in bed with me and etc. lol
A conversation that Hubbo and I had just the other day:

Hubbo: If I weren't here, you'd have a housefull of animals, wouldn't you?

Me: No, not a houseful, just a chicken in a diaper!!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fuzziebutt, do it! Lol tell hubby robopetz said.

7chicks I'm on 2. And.. I just picked up my eggs! I got a white silkie, a black silkie and 2 black polish's with white tops. Omg! What if I crossed a polish and a silkie!?.., hmmm.

So excited to incubate these now.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Packed so well. The lady there was so happy to hear that I had indoor chickens. I also showed her the bling bling leg band I made for Pheobie and they loved it. They liked it so much and said if I could bring in a picture of it so they can hang in their office and if people like it they can let me know and I'll make some for them. Cool. They were really nice. Also found out they do turkeys and coturnix quails on special order too.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lol! I found out as I was setting the eggs that one of the polish eggs had a 1/4 inch'ish crack in it. Is there anything I can do to prevent any losses? Like I believe I read somewhere that people seal it with something and its totally fine?

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
I have no idea on that. Have never incubated eggs before. :confused: I'm no help. Maybe one of the members who have will bump on here yet before too long.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I tried to hatch a cracked egg no luck hope u have better luck Robopetz, my polish frizzle is due to hatch on the 19th of feb, along with my Millie fleurs

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
lovemychickens said:
I tried to hatch a cracked egg no luck hope u have better luck Robopetz, my polish frizzle is due to hatch on the 19th of feb, along with my Millie fleurs
I read only that allot of people use Elmer's glue or candle wax to seal it and have had success. So I have used the candle wax. Wish the lil egg'y luck!

Polish frizzle!?!?!?... Agghhhh!!! I'm so jealous. I think I told you already no? Hahah please keep me posted!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So... The egg that had a tiny crack had cracked a tiny bit more but with the candle wax it seamed to have survived. I have candled at day 14 and it looks like I lost my black silkie and one polish. SAD FACE!!!!!! The temp went up above 100 twice and am not sure how long it was that high. So I'm guessing that's what happen. Grrr! The other 2 are well on their way though. I see movement and even saw the feet and beak in one of them, so cute!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Awesome about the cracked egg, we just received 60 quail eggs today box was smashed on one side :( 5 were broken and I think 6 more r cracked but we will check them really good later

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wow that's crazy. Sorry for the cracks ones, what lousy mail people!!! I hatch and raise button quails too, so much fun. What kinda quails you got?

1 - 20 of 64 Posts