Chicken Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
overrunwithroos
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought it from a farm store out of a bin that saud hatchery choice. There were only 3 left so I couldn't get the other 2 and leave him behind. I'm positive the others are anconas. But I'm clueless about this guy. I can't even find him online. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
13 Posts
overrunwithroos said:
I bought it from a farm store out of a bin that saud hatchery choice. There were only 3 left so I couldn't get the other 2 and leave him behind. I'm positive the others are anconas. But I'm clueless about this guy. I can't even find him online. Anyone have any ideas?
Do you have any pictures

·
overrunwithroos
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Crested Blue Swedish
Thank you. I googled crested grey and white crested etc and never seen them. After I read your reply I googled crested blue swedish and taaada all kinds of little Afrod ( the name my kids gave our duck) lol thank you so much. Now I no what to look for when I go duck shopping again!

·
overrunwithroos
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry one more question please. Can anyone tell me if this is a male or a female? Or tell me how I can tell? Besides the obvious wait and see if it lays an egg. Lol

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
Males will have a raspy quiet voice, females will get the "quack" and be loud. Voice sexing can be done by about 5 weeks old.

·
overrunwithroos
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Males will have a raspy quiet voice, females will get the "quack" and be loud. Voice sexing can be done by about 5 weeks old.
Ok thank you again I will listen more closely from now on. Afros usually in the back of the pack a little more standoffish and quiet. The anconas are always talking. Lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts