Chicken Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any really cool ideas out there for chicken coops. Nests, feed, water, run, roost. Anything cool? Also if u have any regrets with your currant coop, what are they? We are planing on makeing a new hlarger coop that can fit 50-100 chickens, ducks, geese, and turkeys. What do u think we should do?

·
Banned
825 Posts
DottieB,
Quote: 2 regrets with current coop: 1. too small- I want more chickens and 2. That I didn't just start from scratch (I converted a dog house).Unquote.

I don't think that you should regret your current coop. You can always use it for a "breeding-pen" OR a pen for "teenagers" after you build a NEW BIGGER COOP.
I also use a converted Dog-House:

I'm hoping to build another LARGER Coop from pallets this Summer.

-ReTIRED-

·
Premium Member
4,193 Posts
I think reTired said pretty much what I was hoping to say. Except that my chickens live in my tool shed.

Sears has some nice sheds for very good prices. I'm not understanding why more people aren't using them for coops. ????

·
Banned
825 Posts
I DON'T allow MY CHICKENS to "roam-around" with Real Estate Agents.
So....I think that they are "satisfied" with the housing that they currently have.

The Boxer-Dog, "Crockett", is happy too !!!
I think maybe he was WORRIED that he would be living in the Dog-House.
He has always lived IN THE HOUSE with me.

a FINE companion, CROCKETT !!!

Ha-Ha !!!
-ReTIRED-

·
Registered
113 Posts
ReTIRED said:
I don't think that you should regret your current coop. You can always use it for a "breeding-pen" OR a pen for "teenagers" after you build a NEW BIGGER COOP.
I also use a converted Dog-House:

I'm hoping to build another LARGER Coop from pallets this Summer.

-ReTIRED-
My chickens love their coop and I feel like they are very safe in it. I didn't realize how much I would end up enjoying chickens and that I would ever want more than 4. 4 seemed like a lot when we started this adventure, we now have 6 and I don't think I should get anymore without building a bigger coop.

I will say this, I really enjoyed building my coop, I wouldn't mind another challenge. =). I just wish I had unlimited funds to work with. ; )

1 - 9 of 9 Posts