Chicken Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heard a chick peep through and egg! Does this mean I can expect a chick soon? And if one hatches how soon after should I expect others to hatch?
Sorry this is my first time

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
Awesome congrats. It can take up to a full day or so for the hatch. Sometimes sooner , sometime longer. Once the chick is out, leave it in the incubator, its chirping and moving will encourage the others to hatch. Also no need to food or water, the chicks will be fine for 72 hours without it.

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
I would not touch anything. Your humidity will raise during hatching. Plus if you open it now or mess with it, you risk shrink wrapping the chicks. Just sit on your hands and wait ;) I know it is hard but its best to let the babies do their thing and let nature take over. Good luck :) Take pics if you can.

·
Administrator
20,686 Posts
Now the real wait begins. This is the hardest time during the entire process, the hearing but not seeing and wanting so bad to see that pip, then the chick that emerges.

·
Administrator
20,686 Posts
And wait you must. This is what I meant about the truly hard part. Just keep us posted on what you hear and see. Expert hands on this board can give you some valuable information.

It could be another day before that pip happens. And they get quiet and rest which can cause panic, don't. Just like human babies they will sleep off and on.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I woke up this morning. One is hatched! He is walking all on the rotator and is slipping. Should I get him out so he doesn't brake a leg. He hatched over night

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
expertnewbie said:
I woke up this morning. One is hatched! He is walking all on the rotator and is slipping. Should I get him out so he doesn't brake a leg. He hatched over night
you took the eggs out of the turner, right? If so, and you removed the turner, I guess it can differ based on the model,or design, but, can you post a pic of it? And congrats on the baby.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
expertnewbie said:
It has a removable rotator but my dad put an egg in3 days after all mine. So I left the rotator in. The black spot in the corner is the chick
when I do that on occasion, they all go on lockdown at the same time, and I just give me a few extra days to see if the last ones hatch.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts