Chicken Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did get the two main breeds of chickens I wanted from the getgo. Brahmas and barred rocks. Plus a couple red birds, some columbian rocks and a couple silkies.

There are 4 breeds I really really really want now though!! I only have room for 10 birds comfortably. I think I have 10 pullets so far in the 17. If we have more pullets than we can keep I have two families that are looking to start their own backyard flocks so we will donate 3 to them. I know they will be as loved as if they stayed with us!

But for next year I may just have to add a golden laced wyandotte, a blue red laced wyandotte, a polish and an americuna! I love the look of them and the more I read and see in here the more I want them! Hah chicken math.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
You can add a frizzle to that too. My husband is not going to enjoy expanding the coop! :D

·
174 Posts
I am in the same boat!!! I have a wish list too!
I have OCD (Obsessive Chicken Disorder)! haha....Post pictures of your new babies...:)

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought them all differently, my first batch are the reds (were listed as RIR pullets but I've read that tractor supply's are most likely productions) and columbian rocks. They are a little over 4 weeks old. The second ones I got were my brahmas <3 and two silkies. They are 3 weeks old. Then 3 days later i drove super far away to get 6 barred rock pullets. We lost one the first couple days. So we are at 17 now!

I don't have much for pics up close, we just moved them into the coop on Monday and have the younger ones in a dog crate so they can start to adjust to each other. I will try to get some pics tomorrow when we are having play time. I love these little birds so much it's crazy!

·
Registered
839 Posts
Frizzles and polish were at the top of mine. When my husband got an incubator for me as a gift I got eggs from a few local folks to hatch. Mostly barnyard mixes. 3 that hatched were frizzles! 2 others look like they are developing Mohawks, I am keeping all the frizzles till I am sure I get a pullet and one with the Mohawk. I checked with one of the farmers I received eggs from and she says she had a 'top-hat too' does that mean a polish? Maybe a polish mix? Don't know, but they are cute

1 - 6 of 6 Posts