I have lost my chicken mind!! More chickens....

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by BootedBantam, Oct 4, 2012.

1. BootedBantam

BootedBantam New Chicken Mom

Scouring CL for chickens like a chicken hawk. Found these three beauties for Free.....Laying Bantam hens!! Everyone is getting along great, my hens have a little attitude towards new girls, but Outlaw is happy!! He had a gorgeous rooster I wanted, but no more roosters until I buy some land!! Also I can six chickens...my lanlord owns the house next to me and these are his chickens...wink wink..

Attached Files:

2. BootedBantam

more pics....

Attached Files:

3. BootedBantam

Here ya go...pics of my daughter, me, and my nesting spot..

Attached Files:

4. BootedBantam

Here is me cleaning the coop....

Attached Files:

5. BootedBantam

Having a blast in the backyard with my new chicken family..They are beautiful. I think the black and white one has some frizzle in her and the other two are shiny with beautiful feather coloring. So glad I drove out there this morning!!

Attached Files:

6. kiwicsi

kiwicsi Junior Member

They are so gorgeous!!! Chocolate, charcoal and salt 'n' pepper!

7. rob

rob New Member

fab birds, and great pics, thanks for sharing, i hope they settle in well.

8. stu-hens

stu-hens New Member

beautiful pekins and look in good condition too.

9. cogburn

cogburn New Member

You're in deep now lady !! Good lookin flock !!

10. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Really really beautiful!

11. 7chicks

7chicks New Member

Gosh they're beautiful! Good score!!! :D

12. BootedBantam

Thank you everyone....When I came to the Chicken Forum, I only had a rooster and didn't like birds. Now I have six bantams! And two Wyandotte's at a friends house. I couldn't help it, I fell hard!! My chickens have brought such peace to me. Chickens are very thereputic. I enjoy just sitting and watching them. I love watching my daughter (who can't sit still) sit calm and still with them. What a blessing they have become.

They separated in the yard today, three on one side, the others on the other side. There was some pecking order going on, mostly my girls against the new girls,but Outlaw was nice. He likes them. Kinda nervous leaving them in the coop tonight with him. The black and white one is the friendliest and seemed she got picked on the most.

13. BootedBantam

The new girls like it under the new picnic table. It's windy and cold, so they are all huddled together. Shakti will not leave Outlaws side. Too cute! Look how proud Outlaw is, he has settled down since the new arrivals.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
  14. oakwood

oakwood New Member

Beautiful birds and lovely photos :)

15. cogburn

cogburn New Member

That's cool right there..... Y'all are both happy !! Congrats on the recent SCORES !!! SSaaaaaa Weeeeeeett !!

16. BootedBantam

Very sweet.....and very cool to watch their personalities grow. The black one, named Cisco, is the bravest. The brown one named, Ram Das, is the fastest. And the black and white funky chicken, is Shiva. She is the friendliest. My two hens, Ganesha, she is all up in the other chickens faces, being bold. Shakti just squeals very loud and high pitched and hides under Outlaw. Mostly because he is pecking her neck, I think he is telling her to shut up sometimes. She is very jealous of new girls... lol They have assigned seats it looks like at night. All is good at the Hideout.

17. BootedBantam

more chick pics :)

Attached Files:

18. cogburn

cogburn New Member

Everyone's happy !

19. BootedBantam

I had to run home from a party at dusk to put the chickens in for the night, I was ready for my chicken workout, but they were all in the coop. I also saw my other two hens today, they are settling in great. No eggs yet. They love the shed, too. At dusk they go right in. I told her to take a pic of first egg and weigh it.

Question ~ How long does it take to get settled in and start laying again?

20. luckyridgefarm

luckyridgefarm Junior Member