Chicken Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Wonderful Friend
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Amen- you are 100% correct in this.
The county fair is within about a mile of my house as the crow flies- I’m hoping to find some takers for the older ones as pairs this coming week- I’m getting some fliers up in the co ops and stuff too.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Puffy cheeks-cutie-Easter Egger?

I an definitely prone to overdoing. But I have learned that the minute the birds are less fun it's time to take stock and ask myself why. Usually it's because I've bought too many birds or set up too many breeders at the same time.

·
Wonderful Friend
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Definitely; it’s time to downsize- this didn’t actually add on to the # of groups I was caring for, it’s like I told hubbs- it’s just a self-refilling chick tub!

Supposed to be Ameraucana but it’s RK so could go either way. I loved the buff colors coming out on its wings so chose it specifically, as well as her sister, bc she had a neat brown and grey pattern showing. I don’t think either are standard colors unless one is wheaten. I may be wrong. It does happen.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
I'm not good at recognizing standard colors. Serama can be any color and pattern; it's shape and size that's important. I'm still learning colors on the Phoenix. When looking at the chicks today, it looks like I have a gold cockerel. If it is my red rooster must have had it as a hidden trait. I will know for sure in a couple weeks; would be nice if he is gold.

·
Wonderful Friend
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Here are a few of the babies I hatched this spring- they’re growing growing grown! Wow.
First up is Lilly the roo- he got the absolute best of both parents. The pretty OEGB tail and build, some Mille Fleur on his body and face, and poofy cheeks to top it off. He’s a total loving dude too as you can see.
Next is a little girl, my fave poofy cheeked one.
3 is not Chip, it is Chip 2.0. He’s insane. And another pullet.
4 is our nonstop crowing machine.
5 is a pretty pullet looking similar to my Cc.

That is all.

·
Wonderful Friend
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
* and it better not be a daggone rooster!!!

Sooo we had to put our Moo down yesterday. She had been sick off and on for a while but this got too far gone. It’s a shame, and we are all sad but knew it to be the right thing this time around. Even my Tristan agreed she shouldn’t suffer any longer. Her color never got terrible- just everything else.
She was one of the best and will be missed. Just had to share, this is why I’m quiet right now.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
So sorry about your Moo. This has been a bad year for the birds. Now that the weather is cooler things should improve, but the blasted rain-after today we're to have six straight days of rain. Most of the babies are indoors which is a good thing.

·
Super Moderator
3,782 Posts
Sorry for your loss OM.

·
Registered
Chick Lover
1,580 Posts
So sorry for your loss. She will be greatly missed!😥💔

21 - 38 of 38 Posts