Chicken Forum banner
61 - 80 of 84 Posts

Registered
Floof queen
I did a bad. 馃樁

I ordered chicks on February 25th. They got here yesterday.

I ordered
6 Ameraucanas
1 Bantam Cochin
and 1 OEGB.

They gave an extra Ameraucana. Unfortunately 5 of the now 7 Ameraucanas didn't make the trip.

So I ended up with the OEGB, the cochin, and two Ameraucanas.

They're pretty darn cute.

View attachment 41713 View attachment 41714
yeah that ship is everything!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
My quailers are also doing great. I currently have nine.

Two Falb fee (pair)
Two Italians (pair)
and Five pharoah. (Two boys, three girls.)

Only pics I have are of the italians a few weeks ago though.

Bird Beak Feather Galliformes Terrestrial animal
Bird Eye Beak Organism Galliformes

Administrator
OK, need pics of the Italians and Fabs. I've got Pharaohs and Tuxedos.

I can't decide if I want the bird in the first pic or the one in the third. I've always been partial to white birds but pastels also get my attention.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
the third has SUCH PRETTY coloring! The white mixed with those hints of gray is show-worthy.
We'll see. Right now the white one is looking pretty good, excited to see them grow out so I can get a look at her posture, and stance, and whatnot. I'm sure she won't be perfect, as she's a hatchery bird. But as far as hatcheries go Cackle is as good as they come. Hopefully she'll be a good starting place though.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
OK, need pics of the Italians and Fabs. I've got Pharaohs and Tuxedos.

I can't decide if I want the bird in the first pic or the one in the third. I've always been partial to white birds but pastels also get my attention.
Yeah, I love the white one. She just looks so clean and is such a nice contrast against all my other birds. The lavender one is sweet, but I am just NOT fond of her shredding. That's what happens when you get lavender birds from hatchery.

Administrator
Yeah, I love the white one. She just looks so clean and is such a nice contrast against all my other birds. The lavender one is sweet, but I am just NOT fond of her shredding. That's what happens when you get lavender birds from hatchery.
Actually feather issues exist for lavenders from private breeders too. Especially with Silkies.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Actually feather issues exist for lavenders from private breeders too. Especially with Silkies.
Oh, I'm aware. It's probably the biggest struggle when dealing with lavender. But it gets especially bad in hatchery birds, since they aren't nearly as picky and intense on their breeders. Honestly I don't think I have ever seen a lavender bird without shredding.

Registered
Pretty babies! Those quail grow up so fast! 馃槻

It'll be exciting to see what egg color you get from those Ameraucanas. I really need to get a good quality, true blue egger in my flock. (Yes, definitely need :ROFLMAO: ) At the moment, the closest I have are a couple of my Easter-eggers, but I wouldn't necessarily call any of them true blue, more of a slightly-greenish-blue. Hoping my 'meal maker' Legbar from Meyer's doesn't disappoint in the egg color department! 馃

Registered
I'm fond of Legbars as well! I had one years ago, before Meyer's even got them in, named Poppy. I honestly don't remember how her egg color was, though. :unsure: My current girl, Harriet, has a much larger crest than I would prefer, but she's such a sweetheart, if a little sketchy at times if you approach her from the wrong angle. :ROFLMAO:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
I'm fond of Legbars as well! I had one years ago, before Meyer's even got them in, named Poppy. I honestly don't remember how her egg color was, though. :unsure: My current girl, Harriet, has a much larger crest than I would prefer, but she's such a sweetheart, if a little sketchy at times if you approach her from the wrong angle. :ROFLMAO:
If you have pics I'd love to see her! :love:

Registered
Oof, well I do have pictures of Harriet, but they're from probably a month ago, so a bit outdated. She's only about 3 months old now, so still changing a lot! I just haven't gotten out there to get current pictures of anyone lately
Smile Font Tree Circle Electric blue
She went from this size crest, which is still a bit large for my tastes, to like half-Polish-sized crest over the past month. I really do need to get updated pictures of her, I guess :ROFLMAO:

Bird Phasianidae Beak Chicken Grey
Bird Phasianidae Chicken Beak Galliformes

I don't know if you meant both of them or just Hare, but this was Poppy, my first Legbar. She had the rumpliest of single combs and was the biggest diva in the flock at the time. She came from a breeder, but this was only a few years after they'd been imported to the U.S., so she was out of Greenfire's original import of the utility-quality Legbars from Europe.

Bird Phasianidae Beak Comb Galliformes
Hair Head Bird Eye Phasianidae

61 - 80 of 84 Posts