Chicken Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I gotta say that yesterday I had to deal with divorce court. It was prolly one of the most toxic events in my life. Unemployment now over a year, dealing with hurricane Sandy by myself. I've become such a toxic person. But I come here and it's the only thing that makes me feel better, whole and valuable as a human. Thanks for your friendship and just being normal people. Really! I was suicidal and now I'm back to me - because of you. So again thank you!

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
Yesterday had to be awfully rough. Anytime one has to deal with the court system, its an exhausting ordeal. This too is my place for serenity outside of being with the girls in their house/coop. Neat how we can all come together from all over the world and help each through some of the worst of times. Humanity knows no race or discrimination.

I hope that things will settle down for you now. You've been through too much - but hey, you made it! That's a huge success to be celebrated!

·
A Round American Woman
735 Posts
We are so happy to have you! Keep that chin up girl and go play in the snow. Do you have snow? Woke up to 8 inches this morning.

It's the perfect time of the year for starting new. The Spring Equinox is around the corner and it's time for a good old fashioned Spring Cleaning. It sounds like your soul needs a good spring cleaning, we are all thinking of you. :)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Thinking of you EV. I'm certain the challenges of divorce proceedings are really rough!! Hopefully the sun will be shining soon and shed new light on the next chapter in your life.

·
Premium Member
1,558 Posts
I gotta say that yesterday I had to deal with divorce court. It was prolly one of the most toxic events in my life. Unemployment now over a year, dealing with hurricane Sandy by myself. I've become such a toxic person. But I come here and it's the only thing that makes me feel better, whole and valuable as a human. Thanks for your friendship and just being normal people. Really! I was suicidal and now I'm back to me - because of you. So again thank you!
I'm sorry to hear it but I'm glad things are looking up!

·
Flocker
1,588 Posts
Huggers!!!! Remember, living well is the best revenge, so now the plan is to figure out how to pull it together a piece at a time. You can do it, look what you have accomplished in your life so far. He didn't make ya, he can't break ya!!! :p

·
17 Posts
Hang tough, EV. You have made it this far and are healing. It is sad that you have gone through so much but you will survive and thrive at the end of it all. Hugs and best wishes.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Sorry to hear things are down right now. Glad to know you find comfort here and I hope things turn around for you fast.

·
Banned
984 Posts
Since I am also in the midst of a very ugly divorce, I also find solace in these forums and have made several life long friends. Hang in there EV, and if you ever need to commiserate, I'm all ears via PM!

·
178 Posts
You sound like a pretty special person to me, EV! Always so quick to help others on here and obviously an animal lover.
Wishing you all the very best for the future & much happiness, you deserve it! xx

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
EV you are a GREAT person. We love you here on the boards and we love that you make us laugh. We love seeing your chickens, hearing your stories. We just love "you". Just because some not so good things are happening at this moment in life. Doesn't mean "you" need to go down along with it. You are a great person and friend as well and soon all this not so good things shall and will pass. HUGS from your "crazy chicken" friend.

·
172 Posts
Thanks for opening up with us EV. We will all try to be there for you and each other when you need us.

·
chicken bum
136 Posts
This is a great bunch of people here..i also feel at home and comfortable here...EV...may the Creator of All there is bless you with unconditional love and a healing peace...

·
977 Posts
It wouldn't be the same here without you. Whenever I have a medical issue , I think of you and how you have helped me with my chickens . You are great input here and at your house I bet your family thinks so too! ( that includes feathered family!)

·
I luv Polish & Houdans
137 Posts
I just had a meeting with my family doctor about placing my dad in a home. He has become too difficult to keep him at home. My relationship with him has sort of become like a divorce where what was love has simply become toxic. I feel for both EV and havasu. It sucks! I hope the both of you get through it and better days to you both.

·
174 Posts
Yes, hang in there EV...I appreciate your honesty here on the forum. It is refreshing! You have definitely helped all of us in some way or another and we are very grateful to have you here. Stay strong!

·
Premium Member
4,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You all just proved my point. I love that we are all over the world and yet this outpouring of support and frankly love is much more than I expected. I was mostly just apologizing for being such a wet blanket. And I get this.

Really gang. Thank you all for just being you!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts