I am from Missouri & am an Old gal.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by LindaR, Aug 20, 2012.

1. LindaR

LindaR New Member

Hi, Am glad to have found this site. I have 8 Bantams, 4 hens & 4 roosters. They are all young & have just started laying the tinest eggs ever. My hen house has double doors & vinyl siding. Our house just got new siding, so I watched & got enough siding to do the hen house ! I will take some pictures !!

2. 7chicks

7chicks New Member

Hi Linda! Bet your coop looks really nice! We have vinyl siding on ours too. Freebie leftovers from a friend. Gotta love that! :D Really helped snug up the coop for the winter months too! I'm in upper Michigan.

3. Sundancers

Sundancers New Member

Hello & Welcome!

Come on in!

4. LindaR

LindaR New Member

Hi ! I live in Missouri, where you never know what the weather is gonna be. Last year we had a full week of -6 below zero & this Summer we
    have had days of 104 & no rain. Things have finally cooled down. Do you have insulation in your coop ? Am wondering about that ! I am gonna
    post a pic of the coop, my birds & their eggs. I have 4 Banty hens, that have just started laying & they are the tiny'st eggs ever !

5. cogburn

cogburn New Member

Welcome, now you get added to a great bunch a folks.... Like to see pics, everyone loves pics !

6. Julienkc

Julienkc New Member

Hi! I'm from missouri too. My coop is uninsulated, and I've had silkies, banties, etc. No ill effects whatsoever, heat's much worse than cold on them. About half my flock sleeps in the run instead of the coop, even in winter. :)