Chicken Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
23,782 Posts
How confident are you the instrument you're using is working? You can try putting it somewhere you know the humidity is high, like boiling water in the microwave until it's foggy in there. Then set instrument in there to see if it moves.

Or go pick up another one.

·
Administrator
23,782 Posts
I can't imagine what it might be. Try putting a bowl of hot water in the bator, see what happens.

It's going to be a trial and error thing.

What kind of incubator are you using?

·
Administrator
23,782 Posts
I need a pic. Chicken wire shouldn't affect it all. It also doesn't sound like something you want peeps hatching on though.

I'm wondering now if there is simply too much volume to get the humidity up enough. Or that your probe or gauge or whatever you're using is positioned too high.

I really need a pic.

·
Administrator
23,782 Posts
That's the plexi in that first pic?

Two things, the water should be under the eggs to allow the humidity to move up to them. Being on the side, as you're seeing now, the humidity remains low. Can you put a shelf where the water pans are under the eggs?

Your hygrometer should be above the water too which is where a shelf above the water would come into play.

You can use very fine hardware cloth or if you only have bigger stuff place a piece of screening over top of the wire.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.