Chicken Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do i have a little pen house thing for my chicks during the day. And i was wondering what stuff should i put in. New sticks? Move stuff arounf maybe? Make some thing for them? Or put some thing up for them to climb? What should I do?

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
How old are your chicks? Do they still need a heat source? What breed? How many? When they get to a month of age they can do without the added heat unless you live in a cold place. Is this just for while they are young or is it to be a permanent coop? Before anyone can give advice we need to know a little of what you have and your plans for the future as far as the chicks are concerned.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How old are your chicks? Do they still need a heat source? What breed? How many? When they get to a month of age they can do without the added heat unless you live in a cold place. Is this just for while they are young or is it to be a permanent coop? Before anyone can give advice we need to know a little of what you have and your plans for the future as far as the chicks are concerned.
Well they are 1 month and i live in a hot place. They are all crosses. And i have 7 of them.it's not permanent it's temporary for them and my future chicks.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
At a month old they will grow a lot, so you need to make the pen much bigger than it might seem with seven-month olds. Keep the pen fairly bare on the ground level; with feeders and waterers. Have a good size pan with sand/dry dirt for dust bathing. There should be an area where they can get out of the sun, wind, and weather. Put your perches/roosts in this area. I like to provide roosts of different sizes thinking it better for their feet. Put some roosts lower and some higher. About the only play I see with chicks are mock battles; toys and things to climb on a likely to be unused. Perches, again, can be put in the open area for the chicks to sit on and fly from one to another. I hope this helps you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts