Chicken Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I sell mine for $2 doz/brown eggs. I just thinned my flock this spring so I am not selling as many but most of my customers would take 10-12 dozen every month or so. I went down to 15 hens and cut my customers so I sell to one older gentleman 3 dozen every 2 weeks and a lady that takes 10-12 dozen (whatever I have) a month.

·
Registered
2 Posts
$2.00/dozen here. White/brown and green mixture. Large, medium and small mixture. :) It all helps with the food costs and by no means is this a 'get rich' adventure.

I don't sell at markets.... word of mouth thru my church group.

~Tammy

·
Registered
116 Posts
$2/dozen to co-workers. Mix of brown, white and green eggs.

Have one real picky eater co-worker who never had 'farm egg', only from a store. I gave him the first dozen. He buys 2 dozen a week now.:D

We make enough on the egg sales to pay for the feed, and we get all the eggs we want, also. Not making money, but it does not cost us either. :p

·
Registered
52 Posts
I sell the chicken eggs for $2/dozen. I figured it out and I just break even at that price. I sell the duck eggs to an Asian market for $4/dozen. The guy at the Asian market resells them for $1/each. Now that is a markup!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Have one real picky eater co-worker who never had 'farm egg', only from a store. I gave him the first dozen. He buys 2 dozen a week now.:D
That is so funny! I had a picky co-worker who stopped buying eggs because she found out that chickens eat bugs. She was convinced that the eggs were somehow contaminated. Seriously. Of course, this is the same woman who would not take free tomatoes because I use manure in my gardens. Geez!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts