How much do you sell your eggs for?

Discussion in 'Egg Quality & Storage' started by doug, Jul 12, 2012.

1. doug

doug New Member

For those who sell to friends, family or farmer's markets. How much do you sell your eggs for?

2. BuckeyeChickens

BuckeyeChickens New Member

$2.50 per dozen for my Buckeye "brown" eggs....

3. UncleJoe

UncleJoe New Member

$2.00 a dozen for brown Free-Range eggs.

4. CartersLegacy

CartersLegacy New Member

Our table eggs go for $2.00 - $2.50 per dozen

5. hollyosborn

hollyosborn HollyOsborn

mine are cheap.. 1.50/doz.. and most people will by 2.....

6. TajMaCluckCoop

TajMaCluckCoop Not so Junior-Junior Member

I sell mine for $3.00 a dozen. Mixed breed/colors including green.

7. Kozykitten

Kozykitten New Member

I sell mine for $2 doz/brown eggs. I just thinned my flock this spring so I am not selling as many but most of my customers would take 10-12 dozen every month or so. I went down to 15 hens and cut my customers so I sell to one older gentleman 3 dozen every 2 weeks and a lady that takes 10-12 dozen (whatever I have) a month.

8. corbugsmom

corbugsmom New Member

$2.00/dozen here. White/brown and green mixture. Large, medium and small mixture. :) It all helps with the food costs and by no means is this a 'get rich' adventure.

I don't sell at markets.... word of mouth thru my church group.

~Tammy

9. cogburn

cogburn New Member

$3.00 dozen, giant brown, large blue/green, i keep the Banty eggs and eat & pickle them. All strictly free range hens.

10. Riverdale

Riverdale New Member

$2/dozen to co-workers. Mix of brown, white and green eggs.

Have one real picky eater co-worker who never had 'farm egg', only from a store. I gave him the first dozen. He buys 2 dozen a week now.:D

We make enough on the egg sales to pay for the feed, and we get all the eggs we want, also. Not making money, but it does not cost us either. :p

11. ThreeJ

ThreeJ New Member

Ten years ago I sold them for One dollar a dozen. When I start getting eggs I think I will go 2 bucks a dozen.

12. SCYankees

SCYankees New Member

I sell mine to folks at work for $3 a dozen. Sometimes I give them away too, but not often. We have Golden Comets.

13. stu-hens

stu-hens New Member

£2 dozen seems to work for me:)

14. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

That's $3.22 FYI.

15. kejmack

kejmack New Member

I sell the chicken eggs for $2/dozen. I figured it out and I just break even at that price. I sell the duck eggs to an Asian market for $4/dozen. The guy at the Asian market resells them for $1/each. Now that is a markup!

16. kejmack

kejmack New Member

That is so funny! I had a picky co-worker who stopped buying eggs because she found out that chickens eat bugs. She was convinced that the eggs were somehow contaminated. Seriously. Of course, this is the same woman who would not take free tomatoes because I use manure in my gardens. Geez!

17. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Her loss. She sounds pretty clueless overall. Don't tell her there's no Easter Bunny or Santa Claus.

18. earlyt89

earlyt89 New Member

Someone told me you can only sell your eggs if you feed them organic feed. Is this true?

19. TinyHouse

TinyHouse New Member

I don't know "with out a doubt" but that doesn't even make sense to me. So no, that's not true.

Why would someone tell you that? Do they have chickens? If so, are they selling eggs? Maybe they just don't want any competition.

20. earlyt89

earlyt89 New Member

My mother is a doctor and that's what she said even before this guy told me. I was just curious. I have way more eggs than I can eat.