Chicken Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many eggs should I put under my broody? And she is in a dog cage and seems to want to get out as this is a new place how long can the eggs not be kept warm?

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
Are you sure she's broody since she wants out? Plus she should be in an area where she can still get off the next and wander around , eat, drink, ect. She will only stay on the nest non-stop once its the last few days . If she is broody you should notice her gathering eggs on her own and trying to sit on them. I follow what the broody wants, if she only collects 6 before sitting then I let her keep 6. I don't add eggs to her clutch. But that's how I do it.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why don't you add? And yeah very broody you try to touch her and she puffs up and like growls ha its funny

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
I prefer to let the broody momma do what comes natural, which is collect the right number of eggs, sit on it the right length ect. . Also some broodys will stop sitting if you mess with them to much.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Apyl said:
I prefer to let the broody momma do what comes natural, which is collect the right number of eggs, sit on it the right length ect. . Also some broodys will stop sitting if you mess with them to much.
Okay thanks apyl! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts