Chicken Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
Stopping at 9 hens, 6 different breeds. No roo, just my spoiled rotten girls that we adore. Added 2 ducks to the flock this Spring.

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
Today I have 14 chickens '( 12 hens 2 roosters) and 10 ducks (3 drakes 4 ducks 3 unknown sex right now). Tomorrow I will have 35 chickens, 13 ducks, 2 geese, and 2 turkey. (The babies should be here tomorrow)

·
Registered
187 Posts
The further down I read, the bigger the flocks are getting! I have a small mixed flock of 4, chicken math hasn't struck here. ...............yet!!

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
I have 20 some hens and a roo and my son thought the grandbaby (I watch her while mom works ;)) needed some chicks to play with on the farm, so now we have 23 Easter egger chicks.

I'm still looking for a few geese but no luck as of yet.

·
Registered
78 Posts
3 barred rocks,3red sexlinks and then the baby chicks.....6.Nh reds, 1 Easter egger, 2 GL Wyandotte and 7 ducks. Tsc is a dangerous place!! Lol

·
Premium Member
4,193 Posts
I have:

2 white crested polish - a pair
2 red silkies - a pair
2 blue & blue splash silkies - a pair
1 red sex linked hen
1 buff rock banty hen
1 mixed leghorn Roo
3 barred rock pullets
1 buff orp pullet

And I'm getting: (from Meyers)

6 buff orp chicks (all girls)
4 black jersey giants chicks (3 girls/1 boy)
4 golden laced polish chicks (all girls)

So 27 in all I guess. Do I expect some of the chicks to be boys? Yes I expect mistakes. Are all the Roos staying? Maybe not.

·
Happee ChickenSuperMomma
150 Posts
I have 9 laying hens (3 red sexlinks, 2 RI Reds, 2 silver laced Wyandottes, 2 brown Sussex), one rooster (RI Red, I think), one Americauna pullet, & one Barred Rock pullet. So I guess that's 12 in all.

However, I'm thinking of giving 2 to a friend who wants laying hens for her & her son. But then I'll probably go get myself a few more! :p

·
Registered
513 Posts
birdguy said:
How many chickens do you have???
Big flock...
Small flock?
Six baby girls. 2 of each of the following breeds: barred rock, buff orpington, and Easter egger.

·
A Round American Woman
735 Posts
Currently I have 17 hens and 5 roosters. I lost a rooster over the weekend. He fell out of the tree and broke his neck in the night. The hens are doing well, but one 4 year old production rock is looking like she is "fizzling" It's the first signs, I think coming back into lay is taking its toll on her, her eggs are pale in color and very thin shelled. So I may lose her and that would give me 16 hens.

I'm planning on getting peeps next Spring. With all the photos and excitement here it's tough not to get some!! I just don't have the $$ or the space right now.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts