Chicken Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter has been wanting chickens for a while and we finally are in a place where we can have them. These guys/girls are about 3 months old. All of them were supposed to be pullets, but I have my doubts. How many roosters in the bunch do you see? There are three others not pictured that I am certain are hens. Thanks for your help.
Bird Beak Phasianidae Wild turkey Galliformes

Bird Eye Phasianidae Beak Chicken

Bird Beak Galliformes Phasianidae Liver

Bird Beak Chicken Feather Galliformes

Bird Chicken Beak Phasianidae Feather

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
My daughter has been wanting chickens for a while and we finally are in a place where we can have them. These guys/girls are about 3 months old. All of them were supposed to be pullets, but I have my doubts. How many roosters in the bunch do you see? There are three others not pictured that I am certain are hens. Thanks for your help. View attachment 43170
Black is a rooster.

View attachment 43168
Rooster.

View attachment 43169
Rooster.

View attachment 43166
Rooster in the back, pullet in the front.

View attachment 43167
Rooster.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you for all your replies. That's what I was afraid of. 🤦‍♀️ Fortunately, my older daughter has a friend who raises chickens and offered to take them all. I thought maybe she'd take one when we asked, never imagined all six would find a new home. And now I don't have to tell my youngest that her pet chickens went into the Amish stew pot. 🤞 Hopefully we have better luck with the next batch. She picked a few sex linked in that group so at least those ones should be correct 😆 I'm sure I'll be back with questions about integrating them into what's left of the flock when the time comes.

·
Administrator
22,322 Posts
Which is great. We love to hear how things are going with new chicken owners. And just so you know, we never stop asking questions because things change constantly with them. Our understanding about how to keep them healthy has grown and continues to grow.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts