How many from Missouri and where?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by TinyHouse, Sep 4, 2012.

1. TinyHouse

TinyHouse New Member

I'm south of Kansas City about 65 miles. Just moved to this area and am loving it. KC will let you have up to 15-16 hens inside city limits but they have to be at least 100 ft. from neighbors' houses. My backyard was way too small for that. Having houses 20 ft. away on either side finally got to me so I sold my house and moved to this 7.5 acres I've had since Jan. 2011.

Pulled in a 12' x 28' cabin and .... "instant house"! :D

2. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

That's a plan. I might end up doing something similar some day. Gotta get through today and tomorrow first. Lol

3. TinyHouse

TinyHouse New Member

Here is "Home Sweet Home" for at least another year and a half:

Attached Files:

4. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

Works for me! Stay safe and warm this winter!

5. TinyHouse

TinyHouse New Member

Not sure how warm it's going to be - right now it has NO heat. :eek:

I've got to figure something out. It's not like I have a lot of room for a wood stove or a fireplace.....

Kind of hard to think about though when it's 93 degrees out with enough humidity to make it feel like 100!

6. Energyvet

Energyvet New Member

I said that because you have no trees nearby or shrubs to help with a wind break. And it's a small house, like mine, so all sides, walls, rooms are up against the wind.

Might be a good time to be assessing those kinds of things while it's still nice outside.

Just saying.......

7. chickendenny

chickendenny New Member

From Silex Missouri here,, I have a partridge plymouth rock rooster (super cool)2 black sen links,4 red sex links, 2 RIR, 2 barred rocks, and 1 Americana.... Getting about 8 eggs a day and 2 of them are pullet eggs,, very tinny,, you have heard of a double yoker, I thing these are half yokers,, haha.. anyway loving the chicken thing.. they follow me like dogs,,, I should know I breed Rottweilers also.. thanks for a great app ans forum..