Chicken Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, Yesterday I candled and I was going to wait til Friday to recandle but i had a question about the small one so I took it out to candle again when i noticed it cracked!

I remember it did not have a crack when I put it back yesterday night. I swear it didn't have a crack. I put it back gentle. So i was surprised it was cracked on one end. From the middle to the other side on top. Wow. So I cracked it open in a bowl, and omg. it had a small embryo growing. I am depressed cuz i don't know how it cracked. :(.

There was NO crack yesterday night.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Do you have an egg roller? Maybe it just got too rough. I don't have an egg roller because Serama eggs are so small this is something that happens with them... Otherwise maybe the fan blew it into another egg ooor... like I said accidents happen. Sorry though, I hate it when that happens..

·
Artfulwings
194 Posts
sometimes you can seal a crack like that with elmers glue- don't be depressed, its part of learning...:)

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
Next time you see a crack leave it alone. Chicks will still hatch from cracked eggs if the membrane is not torn.

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
I have never candled ... What will be ... shall.

To each their own ...

·
57 Posts
Legions lay white eggs, RIR lay brown eggs. That should be easy enough. If you have all brown eggs then you only have RIR. If all white they ate leghorns

1 - 12 of 12 Posts