How can I do

Discussion in 'Waterfowl' started by gogosandy, Jul 29, 2020.

Tags:
  1. gogosandy

gogosandy New Member

5C54E99C-216A-4217-82DD-8AC36CB1472B.jpeg Hi folks,
    We own a Rouen duck as a pet. She was born on 5/28/2020. But recently we were told that the duck can't be kept because our land is less than two acres. We live in northern Virginia. We do not want to lose her, but just don’t know how to do. I have two questions: 1. Any way to let us keep her? 2. If cannot, where I can send my duck? I would be most grateful if you could provide any suggestions.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2020
  2. robin416

robin416 Administrator Staff Member

I'm sorry that you have to give it up but in the long run it is better because it needs other ducks as company.

Not knowing where you live makes it hard to give suggestions. I'm sure you want it to go to a home as a pet. Craigslist is an option, FB it another. Checking with the feed stores, asking if you can post about needing to rehome it.

3. Sylie

Sylie Super Moderator Staff Member

ducks are flock birds, your sweety needs friends. I seriously doubt that you will be able to change the minds of the powers that be but you can always go to the city council and try.
    If that fails, everything Robin said is right on, just make sure that the new home has other ducks.

gogosandy likes this.
  4. gogosandy

gogosandy New Member

We live in northern Virginia. I’m trying to contact a local farm to see if they are interested. Thanks for your advise.

5. gogosandy

gogosandy New Member

Thank you!

6. Sylie

Sylie Super Moderator Staff Member

You're welcome :)

7. Thomas Lippert

Thomas Lippert Member

Told by who?

8. robin416

robin416 Administrator Staff Member

N. VA says it all. They have regulations on top of regulations and that is from 25 years ago when I lived there.