Horse Riding!

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Mad_About_Animals, Aug 28, 2020.

1. robin416

robin416 Administrator Staff Member

PJ, do you have a Twitter page? That's another very good way to get the word out about the farm.

2. Overmountain1

Overmountain1 Active Member

That sounds about right; my best friend also lived in MD for a few years, and I spent time around there as a (somewhat) adult! My husband and nephew-in-law? Anyway- they both work for police departments, and my dad worked with a couple of the counties with rescue dogs for several years too- I honestly can’t recall where I heard that about it or when. I only remember hearing they have a good rehab program- we also have the same here in my town for special needs children, with A Leg Up. I think we still do at least, one of the larger supporters has passed so I’m not sure if they still do or not. At any rate- at some point I heard up that direction there was a place where they rehabbed the animals- could even have been in connection to A Leg Up- meh I’ve rambled enough here! Hahaha sorry. It could be the same, or not, just know that someone in the area up there has a positive reputation as far south as Tn! I live at the border really, but still in the commi- I mean the commonwealth.

3. robin416

Midlothian. It just came to me.

I also volunteered at the big horse hospital in N. VA. Don't' remember the name of that place either.

4. Mad_About_Animals

Mad_About_Animals Member

Lol! Just read through all your guys post and realised you have done ( and still are) way more horse-related things than I am!! I forgot to do 2 things:
    1) Mention I also half share another warm blood with my mum and
    2) take pictures but I am going down there tomorrow to see and ride them so will Defo take pictures of them then!

Overmountain1 likes this.
  5. robin416

It might be because we have lived longer than you.

Overmountain1 likes this.
  6. BarbaraR

BarbaraR New Member

-------------------------------------
    Do you have access to the Livestock Conservancy? They have some of the MOST awesome horses around. I personally am interested in their Akhal Teke (the basis of most performance horses, including thoroughbreds), but getting too old to ride green ones.

7. BarbaraR

BarbaraR New Member

Then compare to the Akhal Teke....

8. robin416

No, I've been out of horses for 20 years now.