Hi

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by jthornton, May 16, 2018.

1. jthornton

jthornton Member

Hi, I used to post on backyardchickens.com a lot but got tired of being locked out by some silly forum software that sent emails... not sure about this forum yet making you post something before updating your profile. What the heck is up with that? Sorta looks like the same forum software backyardchickens.com uses I hope not.

JT

Sylie likes this.
  2. seminolewind

seminolewind Super Mod Staff Member

Hi and welcome! I think a lot of forums are set up like that . But don't let that scare you away!

3. Sylie

Sylie Active Member

Most forums do that, it helps with things like being flooded with spams and trolls. The BYC problem is just an internal problem that the mods are too lazy or don't care about to fix. I know I got nervous when I first joined here because the software is almost identical (not exactly but very close). My only problem here is that even though I have all email notifications turned off....I still get a billion emails every day.
    @seminolewind
    @chickenqueen
    anybody know how to turn those completely off?

4. jthornton

jthornton Member

I just turned everything off I can find in my account... we'll see.

I'm administrator on a forum and we don't have any issue with spammers they get weeded out when they try and register. To lock someone out with 1500 posts because an email got bounced back is just stupid. They really need a reality chick over at BYC. I sure will miss the conversations with my friends over there.

Any moderators know if this software is set up to lock you out for a bounced email?

JT

5. chickenqueen

chickenqueen Super Moderator Staff Member

JT,go back to BYC and tell your friends about the Chicken Forum and bring them over here.The more,the merrier.PS-we'll be your friends,too!!!

seminolewind and jthornton like this.
  6. jthornton

jthornton Member

Well I'm locked out at the moment... I've sent them a request but like last time I don't expect them to do anything about locking me out.

If anyone here still has an active account at BYC please tell aart what happened to me. I really enjoyed conversations with her.

JT

Sylie likes this.
  7. Sylie

Sylie Active Member

Aart? really, she is one of the ones I left BYC because of. Maybe it's just me, I can be hard to live with sometimes I guess.

seminolewind, chickenqueen and Nm156 like this.
  8. jthornton

jthornton Member

I guess we just hit it off because I'm a builder or she changed dunno. She seems ok to me.

JT

Sylie likes this.
  9. Sylie

Sylie Active Member

I'm sure she's very nice, it's just that our personalities didn't work together. :)

jthornton likes this.
  10. Sylie

Sylie Active Member

I PM'd Aart for you.

jthornton likes this.
  11. jthornton

jthornton Member

Thanks
    JT

Sylie likes this.
  12. Jetblack2004

Jetblack2004 Member

Hello @jthornton!

Your username is familiar- I think I've seen you around before.

@Sylie. I haven't had many conversations with Aart but I somehow feel I'm not on her good books ;P

I've come to CF to take a break from BYC. I got so stressed over there.....

I plan to return to BYC when I have a free Sunday.....which is probably the 17th of June :p

Sylie likes this.
  13. Jetblack2004

Jetblack2004 Member

Yesss!

14. Sylie

Sylie Active Member

yeah Aart can be a little....passive aggressively rude. I came here because of the stress and rudeness at BYC, it's much nicer here

15. seminolewind

seminolewind Super Mod Staff Member

I am here because of a mega problem with admin and people who have nothing better to do but spend their time reporting people like it was their job. Being on a social thread was good. The ER was good except for all those who offered crap advice and was followed by the OP. So I prefer a forum where people care about things you talk about and are interested in stuff that happens in your life, everyone 99% of the time practices respect and brings a lot of interest and subjects that are great.
    But I guess it's a preference. Large group of people you don't know or a smaller group of people who you have better relationships with.

I still use the other one as a resource if I need to.

Sylie likes this.
  16. Sylie

Sylie Active Member

I agree with this 100%, I really like it here but you're right, personal preference, some people prefer the larger groups and like you, I do pop back there now and then when I need to but really, it's not often at all. I just like it here better

seminolewind likes this.
  17. Jetblack2004

Jetblack2004 Member

What was your user on BYC?

18. Jetblack2004

Jetblack2004 Member

Yeah.

I'm very pleased to have found this forum. Everybody is so sweet!

seminolewind and Sylie like this.